Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

sending strings from indicator...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sending strings from indicator...

Hi everyone.

I would like to return a string from an indicator. For example, I would like to return a string to the Market Analyzer and have the string that is returned displayed on the Market Analyzer once that indicator is selected. How possible is this? A string could be "89765 / 89789" (for my current situation).

thanks!
    jon

Hi jon, welcome to the NinjaTrader support forums - please check out this reference sample how to expose indicator values that are not plots - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=4991
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT_Bertrand,

Thanks for replying. I've looked through the SampleBoolSeries example you linked to. I created an object of type StringSeries, and set the string to the desired string I want to make available for this indicator. However, when I add this indicator (and even when I add the SampleBoolSeries indicator) in the Market Analyzer, the column displays the last price. Why is this? Can I display text in any of the columns of the Market Analyzer? And how is the last price being displayed at all for this indicator -- is it the default value to display somehow?

thanks

Comment

jonmoron,

The Market Analyzer only displays plot values of the indicator. The StringSeries would just be a series and not a plot and so you cannot display it.

By default you will have close price displayed as you are experiencing.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT_Josh,

Thanks for the response. I see the instrument column has text (for example GC 04-09). Is there a way to create a custom Market Analyzer column to handle text? Or is this something we can look forward to in the future? TS has something similar. We are using the Market Analyzer for scanning markets and would love to display text from some custom-built indicators.

thanks

Comment

jonmoron,

The instrument column is different along with a few other string columns. Thank you for the suggestion. I have forwarded it to development.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is it still not possible to read a StringSeries from the Market Analyzer?

Comment

Unfortunately you're correct in understand Saxo, please also see for example this thread where alternatives where discussed - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=45537
                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by swestendorf, Today, 11:14 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Kimberly  
                Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes