Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

codes for different time frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

codes for different time frames

Hello,
    Is it possible to create a time base strategy for a Particular time period chart but run it on a different time period chart?
    Anotherwords is it possible to create an action to be taken the bar stamped 10:34 am (like drawing a horizontal line from its' high) but run this code on a 15 min chart?

Not sure I follow. When you run on a 15min chart you can only work based off of the timestamps you receive from that chart. You would not receive a 10:34 timestamp.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The indicator I am trying to make is suppose to do some visual tasks like drawing lines from the the open/high/low/close of a few specific 1 min bars. But since the bars that they are being drawn from can't fit on the screen (need substantial chart compression) I am looking for a way to run this task on a longer period chart like a 15 min bar chart but remember the lines are still going to be drawn from the values of the 1 min bars.
      Is this possible?

Comment

Nope. Only way is if you have a real-time chart and you run with CalculateOnBarClose. Then you can check your PC clock and then just save the value at 10:34. This would not work with historical bars since you do not have the intrabar granularity.

Multi-time frame indicators will be available in NT7.

Comment

In that case is there any way I can filter part of the data so the 1 min chart gets truncated? Let's say I want to view the i min chart for Monday through Friday but I want to delete/filter the data for tuesday & Wednesday.

Comment

You can only filter with dates. ToDay(Time[0]) will give you the date of the current bar. If the date lies on a Tuesday or Wednesday then don't process your strategy logic.

Comment

No I meant that I want to trucate the chart.That means I only want to view the bars for only certain dates.This would have nothing to do with the running strategies.

Comment

Only way you can do that is to delete the data from your database. Tools->Historical Data->Delete. If you pull data from your data provider after you do this it will repopulate those dates.

Comment

This option doesn't work.
                  I opened a chart of ES going back 15 days then from the Control Center I went to Tools>Historical Data> Delete and deleted all the data except the first day and the last day but when I came back to the chart , the same number of days were visible.
                  Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

You can't have any charts of the instrument open when you delete.

Comment

Got it. thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post CortexZenUSA