Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Transparent colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transparent colors

Hello,
    I was wondering if creating lines with transparent colors is possible with ninja script?
    Also do you happen to have codes to draw fib retracment for a particular range in your archives? (i.e. time range like 9:40am to 10:20am).
    Thanks.

Use Color.Transparent.

Use DrawFibonacciRetracements() along with GetBar() to get the barsAgo to pass in for your specific points in time.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If I'm not mistaken the Syntex to draw a vertical line is as it is below. How can I fit the "Color.Transparent " within this syntex?

DrawVerticalLine("My vertical line" + CurrentBar, 0, Color.PaleTurquoise, DashStyle.Dot, 1);

Comment

Replace Color.PaleTurquoise with Color.Transparent. I am not sure why you would want to draw a transparent line though. Nothing will show up.

Comment

I want to keep the color but want to make it trasparent so it doesn't cover the price bar underneath. One of the problems I am having with drawing vertical lines is that they cover the price bar underneath.

Comment

Unfortunately you cannot do that at the moment. Color.Transparent makes the line transparent as in invisible.

Comment

One more thing.
              NT already comes with almost a hundered built in indicators and on top of that I already have added about 30 other indicators myself. So the problem comes in when I have to look through a list of 130 indicators just to find the one I am looking for and since I do this often it has become a headache,
              Is there any way I can delete the indicators I don't use or organize them in folders ?
              Or maybe you can offer some other way?

Comment

You can delete the ones you don't use by going Edit->Indicator and then select one to delete. You cannot delete system indicators though. If you have some indicators you use a lot, you can try naming them in a way where they will be at the top of the alphabetical list. Perhaps use a number at the front of the name.

Comment

I have already done the number trick but was looking for a better way.
                  And what do you mean by system indicators? It seems all the built in indicators that come with NT are sytem indicators. right? And how can I tell?

Comment

NT provided indicators are system indicators. You can tell because they have a different icon. They are the dark gray ones when you try to go to Edit -> Indicators.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                    Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes