Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Problems with DrawLine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My only solution thus far has been to completely uninstall NT (back up your Ninjascripts and then delete the NT sub-directory in 'My Documents' directory) and then reinstall NT. Once the problem reoccurred for whatever the reason and I had to repeat the above process.

Comment

Thanks, I'm doing that right now. Wow, this sucks.

Comment

I discovered the source of the problem but I don't know the cause.
        Unfortunately I had already uninstalled and reinstalled NT. However I am able to recreate the problem. It has something to do with the Default workspace. If I delete the "Default.xml" file from the ...\Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\workspaces folder and then restart NT the problem goes away.

Apparently this file, among other things, stores a lot of UI settings. Something must have gotten trashed in my original default.xml.

So if you experience this again. Don't uninstall NT just delete this file and the next time you run NT the issue will go away. You'll have to resave the default workspace to recreate this file.

Comment

a little more specific

After looking at the default.xml file from the workspaces folder and comparing it to the new one that was created when I reinstalled NT I discovered how to fix the problem without having to delete the default.xml file or reinstall NT.

The version of my default.xml file that cause the DrawLine problem contained the following snippet...

<ChartLine>
          <ChartLine xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
          <AutoScale>false</AutoScale>
          <Panel>1</Panel>
          <Persist>true</Persist>
          <Selectable>true</Selectable>
          <Time>0001-01-01T00:00:00</Time>
          <Value>13.231538461538273</Value>
          <EndTime>0001-01-01T00:00:00</EndTime>
          <EndValue>18.127999999999822</EndValue>
          <PenSerializable>
          <Color>Pink</Color>
          <DashStyle>Solid</DashStyle>
          <Width>2</Width>
          </PenSerializable>
          </ChartLine>
          </ChartLine>

All I had to do to fix the problem was change the <Panel>1</Panel>
          to <Panel>0</Panel>, save the file and restart NT.

I have no idea how this value got set to 1 but setting it to zero fixes the issue.

Comment

I´ve hit the same problem with an indicator which uses DrawLine()
            It stopped drawing on the chart and i was going crazy trying to fix a problem with the code which was not there.... DrawDot still working fine but DrawLine just would not plot anything

I deleted my Default.xml since it was empty anyway, restarted NT, and now i´m a happy camper again

NT team, please have a look at this

My thanks go out to j0hnth0m

Comment

Thanks so much for this thread. I had read it before but didn't relate to the problem. Recently I had an indicator that stopped drawing lines but DrawText() was working fine. I couldn't find any problems in the code so I changed the DrawLine() autoscale bool to true and behold, the third panel squished. All my lines were being drawn two panels down. Now after revisiting this thread I found the panel setting to be 2 in the default.xml. Strange because this was a new install of 6.5 from scratch but I never saved the workspace as another name. Saved as another workspace, deleted the default and it works. Easy fix and thanks.
              eDanny
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

I started this thread back in March and at the time the only solution I found was to uninstall/re-install. Thank you very much to j0hnth0m for providing a much more workable solution and toulouse and eDanny for keeping this thread alive.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post chbruno
                by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
                6 responses
                0 likes