Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

indicator with different signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cesas,

As stated, as you try and load a new chart it is very possible that you pull a different data set from your data provider. Many data providers have different servers storing slightly different data. As you reload it may send you to a different server and ultimately different data.

PriceTypeSupported allows you to choose which price series you want the indicator to calculate on. It is of no value if your indicator was not programmed to use it.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

then, there is no way to handle this??

Comment

cesas,

Not sure I understand you. As stated, keep the data the same, keep the settings the same, it will (for the most part) produce same results.

Comment

see the pics, same parameters, same day, all the same, but different bar closes and different indicator signals.
          Attached Files

Comment

Indicator signals look the same when your data is the same. If you keep the data the same, you will have the same results. Just disconnect from your data provider and then your data will remain static. You will just pull whatever is stored in your NinjaTrader database.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
              Indicator signals look the same when your data is the same. If you keep the data the same, you will have the same results. Just disconnect from your data provider and then your data will remain static. You will just pull whatever is stored in your NinjaTrader database.
              How can I keep the same data if ninjatrader always reload the data when I restart it?????

If ninjatrader can only reload the data that it is not displayed, that is fine, but ninjatrader always reload all the data. I dont understand....I am confused

Comment

cesas, under Tools > Options > Data - did you enable to store real time bar data? Otherwise NinjaTrader will load the needed data on connection. To review when it will load, please see this link - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ricalData.html
                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                  cesas, under Tools > Options > Data - did you enable to store real time bar data? Otherwise NinjaTrader will load the needed data on connection. To review when it will load, please see this link - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ricalData.html
                  the option is enabled, but NT still reload the full chart data

Comment

If you mean it reloads always the current day, then this is expected, please review this link I posted earlier.
                    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

not only the current day, multiple days, about 300 days ago, like the format data series configuration

Comment

cesas,

Data will always be loaded whenever one of the conditions in the link Bertrand posted occurs. Depending on your data provider it may or may not only load a portion of it. I believe some data providers only offer you data in chunks and you would be required to download the whole chunk.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
                          cesas,

Data will always be loaded whenever one of the conditions in the link Bertrand posted occurs. Depending on your data provider it may or may not only load a portion of it. I believe some data providers only offer you data in chunks and you would be required to download the whole chunk.
                          Josh, I use IB

Comment

cesas,

I'm not sure, but I don't think IB even holds 300 days of historical data. It is just refreshing up your chart to get it caught up based on the rules stated earlier.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post algospoke  
                            Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                            3 responses
                            0 likes