Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Volume time correction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume time correction

I am looking at hourly forex charts.... I have noted there is a definite diurnal variation in volume - it changes cyclically over a 24 hour period and volumes increase when the European/London trading day starts and then pick up even more when the US starts, then begin to drop off when the UK/European markets shut down and drop off even more at the end of the US day.

I would like to have some way of averaging this cycle out - so a formula would need to reference the average volume at each particular hour for say the last 2 weeks and then normalize or 'correct' this to '0' volume for every hour. Then I will know whether the current volumes I am seeing are less or more than what is normal, and by what percentage.

The other thing I would like to do is exclude the last 6 hours of trading on Friday or Saturday (end of the week) and the first 6 hours on Sunday/Monday (start of the week) as these times are particularly quiet and will cause the average to be skewed down....

I kind of know what I want done but I have no idea how to go about trying to reference particular hours in Ninja script.

Another thing I have noted in Ninja Trader is that there seems to be a maximum volume of 2.147 billion. Anything above that reads the same number. Is there some way this can be corrected?

Thanks in advance...

Hi, as noted in the other thread we aware of the volume cap level you reported and investigating.

For your custom indicator you can work with Time and ToTime -

If you need a more advanced approach you can work with DateTime structures in C# directly - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...e_members.aspx
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by FitSpressoHonest, Today, 09:14 AM
    0 responses
    1 view