Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

DashStyle.Style enum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DashStyle.Style enum?

tying to include an option in the "Parameters" section of the Indicator Window to select the DashStyle options along with the Color options that I already have which work correctly

Code:
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]#region[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] Variables[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]// Wizard generated variables[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]private[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] Color lineColor = Color.Cyan;[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]private[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]int[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] line_Size = [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]1[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2];[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=red][B]private[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=red][B] DashStyle style = DashStyle.Custom;[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    Code:
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]// Serialize our Color object[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][Browsable([/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]false[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2])][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]public[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]string[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] StyleSerialize[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]{[/FONT][/SIZE]
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]get[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] { [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]return[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] NinjaTrader.Gui.Design.Serializable[COLOR=red][B]DashStyle[/B][/COLOR].ToString([COLOR=red]style[/COLOR]); }[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]//SerializableColor[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]set[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] { [COLOR=red]style[/COLOR] = NinjaTrader.Gui.Design.Serializable[COLOR=red]DashStyle[/COLOR].FromString(value); }[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]}[/FONT][/SIZE]

duck_CA,

Unfortunately this is outside the scope of what we can offer support for. Thank you for understanding.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No Problem

I understand Josh...Ninja has been extremely helpful and appreciate it...

Can you tell me if this is even possible?

Thanks again

Comment

Technically, yes, but unfortunately I just don't have any information on how you could proceed to realize it though.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Josh

where this is a will...there's a way...lol

Comment

DashStyle is an enumeration, is that true, duck_CA? If so, wouldn't an enumeration serialised by the C#- compiler automaticaly? I thought so. Have you tried just to define a property for your dash style to see, how it works?

Regards
            Ralph

Comment

Thanks Ralph

Sorry but I can't seem to understand what you mean as this stuff is very challenging for me...

I need somehow to try and do what you had mentioned but not sure where to start

thanks

Comment

I understand. In the reference sample section is an example, how to define an own enum to be used with the property grid. I would try to install it and to modify it for your dash style.

Regards
                Ralph

Comment

Thanks

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction Ralph !

Comment

If you don't get it working that (simple) way, post it again. We will find a solution.

Regards
                    Ralph

Comment

I think this should work

Ralph...
                      Thanks for everything...This seems to work

jason
                      Code:
                      [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]#region[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] Variables[/SIZE][/FONT]
                      [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]private[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] DashStyle hlinestyle = DashStyle.Solid; [/SIZE][/FONT]
                      [/SIZE][/FONT]
                      Code:
                      [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#0000ff]protected[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]override[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]void[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] OnBarUpdate()[/SIZE][/FONT]
                      [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]{[/SIZE][/FONT]
                      DrawHorizontalLine([/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"Current_price"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2],Close[[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]],LineColor,[COLOR=red][B]HorizLineStyle[/B][/COLOR],line_Size);[/SIZE][/FONT]
                      [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]}[/SIZE][/FONT]
                      [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
                      Code:
                      [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]#region[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] Properties[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][Description([/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"Horizontal line style"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2])][/SIZE][/FONT]
                      [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][Category([/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"Parameters"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2])][/SIZE][/FONT]
                      [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]public[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [COLOR=red]DashStyle HorizLineStyle[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
                      [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]{[/FONT][/SIZE]
                      [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]get[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] { [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]return[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [COLOR=red]hlinestyle[/COLOR]; }[/SIZE][/FONT]
                      [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]set[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] { [COLOR=red]hlinestyle[/COLOR] = value; }[/SIZE][/FONT]
                      [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]}[/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

Looks good, I would have done the same.

Regards
                        Ralph

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes