Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

DrawText with Text Option in Indicator Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DrawText with Text Option in Indicator Window

I'm trying to include a Parameter in the Indicator Window that I can type Text into that will show up on Price Panel.

Code:
    [FONT=Courier New]DrawText("tag1", "[COLOR=red][B]This text was written from Indicator Window[/B][/COLOR]", 10, 1000, Color.Black);[/FONT]

Not sure I follow. What indicator window are you talking about? If you mean where you set indicator parameters, just create yourself a string input and then tell it to DrawText on that string variable.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Draw Text String Variable

Yes. I was refering to Indicator Window via the Chart...

I would assume that some code is needed in the Properties region.

Kinda struggling with it right now...Maybe if I can post some code we can go from there

Thank You Josh

Comment

duck_CA,

I recommend you just use the Indicator Wizard to see what kind of code it will generate. That is the code you will need in the Properties region.

Comment

Sounds Good...Thanks

I will ask the "wizard" or is that you ? lol

Comment

Haha. Tools->New NinjaScript->Indicator.

Comment

Draw Text in Indicator Window

I'm trying to be able and use the new "Text" Parameter so that anything that is typed will show up on the chart...

I'm I getting warmer?

Code:
              [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]#region[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] Variables[/SIZE][/FONT]
              [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]// Wizard generated variables[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
              [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]private[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]string[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] text = [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]@"draw text here"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]; [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]// Default setting for Text[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
              [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]// User defined variables (add any user defined variables below)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
              [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]#endregion[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
              Code:
              [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]protected[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]override[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]void[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] OnBarUpdate()[/SIZE][/FONT]
              [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]{[/FONT][/SIZE]
              [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]// Condition set 1[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
              [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]if[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] (Low[[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]] < High[[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]])[/SIZE][/FONT]
              [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]DrawText([/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"My text"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] + CurrentBar, [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"draw me some text"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2], [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2], [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2], Color.Red);[/SIZE][/FONT]
              [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]}[/FONT][/SIZE]
              Code:
              [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]#region[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] Properties[/SIZE][/FONT]
              [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][Description([/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"this should draw text in indicator window"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2])][/SIZE][/FONT]
              [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][Category([/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"Parameters"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2])][/SIZE][/FONT]
              [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]public[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]string[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] Text[/SIZE][/FONT]
              [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]get[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] { [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]return[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] text; }[/SIZE][/FONT]
              [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]set[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] { text = value; }[/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

DrawText("My text" + CurrentBar, Text, 0, 0, Color.Red);

Comment

Dang it !!! I knew I was close

On to the next item... Thanks Josh !

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM