Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Choosing PriceType Programatically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choosing PriceType Programatically?

Was wondering how you can set the PriceType progamatically. Basically I'm creating an primary indicator that uses another secodary indicator within it, how can i set what the PriceType for the secondary indicator is within the code of the primary indicator?

Nvm, figured it out guess the PriceType property doesn't show up when you type in this.

Comment

Don't want to start a new thread for this, as it is related to PriceType.

If I code an indicator without further specifying the PriceType in the Initialize Section(), the PriceType will always default to "Close".

If I specify "PriceType = PriceType.Typical" in the Initialize() section, it cannot be changed by the user afterwards, as the indicator will always revert back to "Typical":

Is it possible to set "PriceType = PriceType.Typical" as default, but let the user choose another option, when she/he puts it on the chart? I am aware that this is only a matter of comfort, as the PriceType can be selected, when the indicator is added to a chart.

Comment

Hi Harry, unfortunately I'm not aware of a workaround other than adding more custom coding - you could not change the default input type Close to be Typical.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          Hi Harry, unfortunately I'm not aware of a workaround other than adding more custom coding - you could not change the default input type Close to be Typical.
          Thanks for the answer, this is not important, as the preferred settings can be saved via chart template.

Comment

Make a boolean user parameter/property UseTypicalPrice which, if set to false will override your code, thus:

Code:
            if (UseTypicalPrice) PriceType = PriceType.Typical;
            Thus, if UseTypicalPrice has a default of true, then you have the behavior you want: if the use sets it to false, they can specify another type of PriceType with no issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Brevo
            by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes