Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

No Traders International users??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Traders International users??

I can't believe with all the folks who use Ninja and make posts about all different indicators, and no one has used the TIME system at Traders International. I have asked a few times already about the slow stochastic parameters that is used for the TIMES method. I have tried numerous combinations and I can't seem to get it to come out right. TI post videos everyday showing a couple of trades they make each day. The Stoch signal is on the actual chart behind the bars. Can someone take a look at this and see what they think. That slow stochastic on the TI charts has long loops, not the typical short ones for other stoch settings. What number combination would give you those long loops that diverge with price indicating a clear divergence setup? Anyone interested in taking a look at that? Thanks.

Hi evensteven, hopefully some community member can help you out - maybe you can post a chart or screenshot to stimulate the discussion? Thanks!
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am a member if TI. Will look into the method more.

Comment

Hello EvenSteven,

I'm a TI member too, Here is a link to a DS overlay, I use D3, K3, Period 3, settings and blank out the fast moving line by selecting transparent on the color choice and set the draw scale to false.

This seems to work the best for me as a TI DS divergie set up.

Thanks, Hope this helps

ChonWayne
        Last edited by chonwayne; 04-12-2009, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chonwayne View Post
          Hello EvenSteven,

I'm a TI member too, Here is a link to a DS overlay, I use D3, K3, Period 3, settings and blank out the fast moving line by selecting transparent on the color choice and set the draw scale to false.

ChonWayne
          Me 3 ... TI member, that is! Btw ... I was told to try the settings for the DS Overlay as 5-5-2, blanking out the K-K-line. Check it out ... I think it matches up a bit better with Rich's charts and others.

As for MacD .... try the settings 3-8-3 or 5-6-2 ...pretty close. But, I've found even closer yet ... to use an RSI indicator, which seems to be uncannily closer to TI's proprietary T-MacD. Check it out and let me know.

Blessings! Chris

Comment

thanks

chris, i'll test those settings out; I came up with 5-9-5, but i'll try your settings out. thanks!

Comment

TI

Originally posted by TxTrader View Post
              Me 3 ... TI member, that is! Btw ... I was told to try the settings for the DS Overlay as 5-5-2, blanking out the K-K-line. Check it out ... I think it matches up a bit better with Rich's charts and others.

As for MacD .... try the settings 3-8-3 or 5-6-2 ...pretty close. But, I've found even closer yet ... to use an RSI indicator, which seems to be uncannily closer to TI's proprietary T-MacD. Check it out and let me know.

Blessings! Chris
              I need a refresher - saw TI 2+ years ago... Please provide a screenshot to show how this is working now with the Stoch overlay and the Macd or RSI.
              Appreciate it!
              kz

Comment

Rsi?

Originally posted by TxTrader View Post

Blessings! Chris
                Chris what setting on the RSI 14 and 3 like the NT default?

thanks
                Vail55

Comment

Originally posted by vail55 View Post
                  Chris what setting on the RSI 14 and 3 like the NT default?

thanks
                  Vail55

Hi there! Go ahead and send me a PM so that so that I can email you.

Blessings! Chris

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post trilliantrader  
                  Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes