Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Line From Previous Day Close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Line From Previous Day Close

Does anyone have an idea on how to make an indicator draw a line from say the BarClose at 16:00:00 on the ES thru to the next day at 15:59:00 and then reset again at the BarClose at 16:00:00 and continue this automatically each day. Right now I use the PriceAlert Indicator and I input the number manually each day. It's no big deal but it would be nice if it was set to do it automatically. I have tried reprograming the Pivot Indicator to do it but it gives me the BarClose at 24:00:00 the previous day which is not what I am looking for. I also tried to convert the SampleGetHighLow at a specific time but it only goes from 16:00:00 to 24:00:00 and rests and doesn't draw a line again until 16:00:00 and then again only goes to 24:00:00. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi cre8it8, did you try working with the PriorDayOHLC indicator? Then set only 'ShowClose' to true under Misc in the Indicator properties.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply Bertrand. Yes I did try that but it has the same problem as trying to convert the Pivots. It has the ES Close at 24:00:00 Eastern and I need it to be 16:00:00 or 16:15:00. I think it grabs the Close time from the Cbi.Global. Any ideas on how to program around that?

Comment

cre8it8,

You will need to use some DateTime manipulations to get what you want. You will need to evaluate the times and dates of each bar and just keep drawing. When you reach your final date and time then you stop the drawing.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That sounds a bit out of my league as a programmer. I thought that I was getting better at it and that this would be something simple but I think I will stick with the Price Alert and do it manually. Thanks Anyway.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jeronymite