Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Gann Fan/SpeedLines type indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gann Fan/SpeedLines type indicator

Hi...
    I'm interested in trying to program/translate an indicator into NinjaTrader. In the past I have done some programming in TradeStation, but Ninja's language is a different animal than what I'm used to (Pascal/Delphi). Anyway, I don't expect you to make the indicator for me, but I do need to ask you how one certain thing is done in Ninja language... or if it can even be done at all.
    This indicator I wish to write is a Gann Fan/SpeedLines type of thing. I have the TradeStation code and just wish to translate it - shouldn't be terribly hard. It requires the user to label (using the "Text Tool") 3 pivots on a chart - a high, a low, and a high (like a "V" pattern).... or a low, a high, and a low (like an "inverted V"). In TS, the user can label these points, say A, B, and C... and then applies the indicator and the indicator
    detects the A,B, and C and proceeds to make its calculations based on these pivots and draws the lines. Basically, what I just need to know is, can I do the same thing in NinjaTrader... and if so, do you think you could give me a basic "skeleton" of Ninja code on how this "detection of text labels" would be done within an indicator?

Thanks!
    Shawn

Shawn,

You can just create 3 user inputs and have the user type in the 3 values they wish to use for calculations. Programmatically accessing manually drawn objects is not currently available.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, but that's too cumbersome. When you're in the middle of fast daytrading, that just takes too much time. Ideally, I'd like to be able to just click on each of the 3 points I want, and then the indicator takes it from there, but I heard that NinjaScript can't read user input in that way... so I figured at least as a next best alternative, it should be able to detect text on the chart screen like TradeStation.

I want to make this as fast and with as little work/input as possible from the user. Do I have any other alternatives besides having to manually punch the 3 pivot point values in?

Thanks
      Shawn

Comment

Unfortunately programmatic access to manually drawn objects is currently not available.

Comment

Well, I guess I'll have to make do with typing the figures into the inputs. Can you still help me and send me the NinjaScript for your existing Gann Fan tool? I can use that as a template for my thing. Even better would be if you have a "Speed Lines" tool coded.

Thanks
          Shawn

Comment

Shawn,

The source code for the Gann Fan drawing tool is not available. If you want to draw a Gann Fan, please see this: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...awGannFan.html

Comment

You guys are familiar with MTPredictor, right? They're one of your 3rd party add-on vendors. Well, I just bought their realtime package of NinjaTrader addons, and in their main indicators, you can select "Risk/Reward" from the menu at the top of the screen, then do a series of 3 clicks on the chart, and it will then perform some calculations and display it on the chart. This is what I need to do how to do.
              Well, my question is - if MTPredictor can create an indicator to read input mouse clicks, why can't you guys?

Comment

shawnh,

NinjaScript is done with C#. Anything is possible, but as far as how to do it, it requires much more advanced programming than what we can offer you support for. We can only support up to the extent of NinjaScript. If you still want to pursue this endeavor I suggest you try searching MSDN or google for mouse click events in C#.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes