Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Price overlay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price overlay

Is it possible to plot an SMA or EMA over a Stochastic or MACD? I know that the opposite is available with the Stochastic Overlay but am wondering if anyone has been able to put a moving average in a MACD panel.

Cheers,
    ~C

claytonread,

Do you mean an SMA of the Stochastic? Or just an SMA of price on the Stochastics?

The first would require you to do some custom programming to accommodate such calculations. The later can be done by changing the panel of the SMA indicator to be on the same panel as the Stochastics, but they will most likely not have the same y-axis scale so it won't look nice.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The Later, I want to overlay a moving average over a Stochastic, I tried to just set the Panel as the same, and your right, it doesnt look pretty. Im wanting to know if there is any way to program this so it does.

Comment

claytonread,

Possible to program, but unfortunately it requires much more advanced C# than what we can offer support for. In NT7, more y-axis scales will be available to let you do this with ease.

Comment

What is the ETA for NT7? If I remember correctly there was some talk of first quarter 09?

Comment

Beta is slotted for the end of Q2.

Comment

you can search for MACDScalp in the forums ...

that indicator does some fundamental changes to the standard MACD, but it might point you in the right direction ... here's a summary of the changes:
              - calc'd macd normally (diff between fast & slow MAs), stored as {macd}; this is not plotted
              - ran an EMA over {macd}, stored as {macdAvg}, also not plotted
              - calc'd the diff ({macd} - {macdAvg}), and stored that as dataseries Diff, but didn't plot it directly
              - initialized two data series for DiffUp and DiffDown, and then sent the value according (this is how the bars are painted red/blue); this is displayed as the histogram
              - ran an SMA of Diff called DiffAvg and plotted that as a line that intersects and runs thru the DiffUp/DiffDown histogram

hope that helps ... cheers,
              -e

Comment

Volume Profile

My query is: overlaying Market Profile on top of price. How do I go about this? Thank you

Comment

Hello,

I am not sure that this is related to this thread but I will provide an answer here. If this is not related please ensure to create a new thread for a new question in the future.

I would like to ask, are you asking how to make the volume profile that is installed in NinjaTrader appear on top of the price bars rather than behind as it currently is?

If so this can be controlled using the Shift + scroll wheel.

If you click on a price bar so that it is selected (black squares appear on the bars), you can then hold Shift on the keyboard and scroll with the mouse wheel. This will either bring the indicator above the bars, or below depending on the level.

If this is not what you were asking please clarify the question.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
                  JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Overlay follow up question

Great, thank you for the quick response. That was the answer I was searching for. One more quick question. The Market Profile overlay bleeds past and onto the far right edge of my charts. I would like to, instead of reducing the sizing of the market profile, have my chart with a space right before the y-axis. Is this possible? Thank you

Comment

Hello,

You can add a margin of space on a chart in the Chart Properties.

There are two properties menus in a chart, this one is if you right click in the main chart area and click properties. The second is if you right click the Y axis its self.

In this case in the main chart area right click and go to properties. In the properties menu look for "Right Side Margin" and add a value greater than the existing one.

This will space the chart more to the left or add space before the Price axis.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
                      JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Brilliant! Thank you Jesse.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
                        9 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post ender_wiggum  
                        Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM