Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

T3 Average

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sefstrat,

Can you make this indicator to change color according to direction of trend?

For example, uptrend=green, downtrend=red.

Comment

Originally posted by sefstrat View Post
      If you like T3 you might be interested in this..

Here is a version of T3 I whipped up which includes the modified Fulks and Matulich calculation in addition to the original Tillson algorithm.

The updated calculation is faster so you might need to use a slightly longer period than the standard algorithm, the primary advantage is less overshoot.

Enjoy =)
      I overlay my existed T3 with this T3 in folder /indicator. When I go to import other indicator ninja told me to fix compiler error first. it takes me a couple of hours to fix it by restoring it back to the old T3. if you don't know what are you doing, zip file is safer way to do it.

Comment

Here is a version of T3 I whipped up which includes the modified Fulks and Matulich calculation in addition to the original Tillson algorithm.

The updated calculation is faster so you might need to use a slightly longer period than the standard algorithm, the primary advantage is less overshoot.

Enjoy =)

I've just had a quick look and it looks great....thanks a lot sefstrat! I'll check it out after the bell today.

-robert

Comment

Originally posted by nkhoi View Post
          I overlay my existed T3 with this T3 in folder /indicator. When I go to import other indicator ninja told me to fix compiler error first. it takes me a couple of hours to fix it by restoring it back to the old T3. if you don't know what are you doing, zip file is safer way to do it.
          Sorry about that.

I think it would have broken your code even in a zip file though, the reason is because this version of T3 has a 3rd input to determine which calculation type to use, so any other code calling it has to be updated to reflect that.

I named it differently than the existing version of T3 that I had (T3Average) to avoid causing that problem but I probably should have chosen a more distinct class name.

Comment

If anybody wants to use sefstrat's T3 in a strategy, this is a code example:

Code:

if ( CrossAbove( T3Mod(0.7, 20, T3CalcMode.FulksMatulich), T3Mod(0.7, 50, T3CalcMode.FulksMatulich), 1) )                
                        {
                        EnterLong("LongEntry");
                        }

Comment

Enjoy =)
              sefstrat,

i've finally found the time to look at your T3, and from the charts i've gone through this weekend, it looks to be pretty nice. I've been working on getting simultaneous setups with the T3 and an SMA on 30, 10, and 5 min (FX) charts...looking forward to trading with it and checking it out. Thanks again.

-robert

Comment

Sefstrat,
                Thanks for posting your indicator. I'm not able to open the cs. file.If you could zip the file it would be greatly appreciated.
                Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                Started by samish18, Today, 01:01 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes