Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Communication Between Indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Communication Between Indicators

Can anyone point me to an example where two indicators can communicate between each other and pass info/results between them ?

I would like to have one indicator use the variables/plots of another indicator without repeating the second indicators redundant code (in the first) as that will eat up extra CPU cycles when another indicator on-screen is already doing the calculations.

Webby,

In Indicator A, just call Indicator B and access the values.

Say IndicA wants to see SMA.

Code:
    if (SMA(20)[0] > SMA(20)[1])
        // Do something;
    For the syntaxing of any indicator please see the help guide articles for the particular indicator of interest.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Josh,

I think there's a misunderstanding here. The scenario I'm talking about is as follows:

Suppose I have two computed indicators/oscillators on screen, A and B, each in its own panel. Lets suppose A is some exotic/custom blend of the CCI and B is likewise some custom version of the Slow Stocastic.

Now suppose indicator A together with CCI also needs Slow Stocastic information to generate some type of signal. Rather than have to re-code the same slow stocastic code again into indicator A, I'd simply like to have a way to read from indicator B's data/variables to see if the required Slow Stoc. condition that A is interested in has been met/completed.

I'm not sure if you have a sample for something like this. The aim here is to save on redundant code and also CPU load.cycles for the machine.

Hope this clarifies.

Comment

Originally posted by Webby View Post
        Hi Josh,

I think there's a misunderstanding here. The scenario I'm talking about is as follows:

Suppose I have two computed indicators/oscillators on screen, A and B, each in its own panel. Lets suppose A is some exotic/custom blend of the CCI and B is likewise some custom version of the Slow Stocastic.

Now suppose indicator A together with CCI also needs Slow Stocastic information to generate some type of signal. Rather than have to re-code the same slow stocastic code again into indicator A, I'd simply like to have a way to read from indicator B's data/variables to see if the required Slow Stoc. condition that A is interested in has been met/completed.

I'm not sure if you have a sample for something like this. The aim here is to save on redundant code and also CPU load.cycles for the machine.

Hope this clarifies.
        As Josh said, just call your indicator B from A

Comment

Webby, when you create an indicator it automatically becomes available as a method for referencing it in other indicators / strategies - if you need to access more than its plotted data, you can use the tips from this reference sample - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=4991
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes