Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

how to reinitialize indicator due to connection lost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to reinitialize indicator due to connection lost?

Do anyone know how to reinitialize indicator when connection lost, or to resynchronize it? I have a problem with List. During connection lost, the Removes are missed so that there are phantom Inserts hanging around...

If you lose connection, you can trigger some logic through the OnConnectionStatus() method for how you would like to handle it.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks Josh, but I couldn't figure out the other half, which is how do I reinitialize the indicator similar to the behavior as when a new chart opens, or when the indicator is removed then added back.

I'm working with OnMarketDepth, and trying to reset all the List askRows and bidRows, because during connection loss, or change of market replay timing position, the insertions and removals get out of sync, and therefore leaves phantom price/positions around that cannot be removed.

I've tried using List::Clear, reinitializing List = new List, calling Initialize(), but all of them do not mimic the behavior of an actual indicator initialization, because after some of my actions, it takes awhile for the market depth ladder to repopulate, but when opening a new chart, the indicator always repopulate all of it's market depth instantly.

Comment

You will have to just clear out all of your lists and such and wait for it to repopulate.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post wzgy0920  
        Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes