Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Choppy Market Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choppy Market Indicator

Hi everyone,

I just saw an indicator called the Choppy Market Index (CMI) in this link:

This is great to identify trending markets versus choppy markets on a daily basis before you trade for the day. Unfortunately it is an indicator file for the V-trader.

I wondered if any of you have something like this for Ninja since I trade exclusively the ES on Ninja.

Thanks,
    sourcem

sourcem,

The link you've provided needs a membership to see the screenshoots and the code. Perhaps you can attach the files here to see what we can do.

astra

Comment

Originally posted by astra View Post
      sourcem,

The link you've provided needs a membership to see the screenshoots and the code. Perhaps you can attach the files here to see what we can do.

astra
      astra, Thank you for responding and attempting to help.

It was a free membership on that link so I registered and downloaded the file.

I then tried to attach the screen shot and the indicator file to this thread.

The screen shot was a 102.2 KB file and this forum does not accept attachments over 97 KB.

The indcator file is a .vtscr file, which is an indicator file for the V-Trader but this is not a valid suffix for attaching to this forum so I could not upload both of the files.

If I can send it to an email address, I would be happy to do so.

Or maybe there is another way I can upload, which I am not aware of now.

Please let me know.

sourcem.

P.S. The only other way is for you to register and download the files yourself?

Comment

sourcem,

Here is the screenshoot if someone else can make sense. The code is not accessible so if anyone has access to the platform perhaps can cut and paste the code. I remember an indicator with similar name like this a long time ago - perhaps exists in easylanguage.
        Last edited by astra; 12-08-2009, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by astra View Post
          sourcem,

Here is the screenshoot if someone else can make sense. The code is not accessible so if anyone has access to the platform perhaps can cut and paste the code. I remember an indicator with similar name like this a long time ago - perhaps exists in easylanguage.
          It looks very similar to Laguerre.

Comment

astra and Elliott Wave,

You can see in the chart that whenever the Indicator is above the red trigger line, the market was trending and you can see on the left when the Indicator was below the line, the market was mainly cosolidating.

I did find a Ninjascript Indicator in this forum during my search called the Choppiness Index and here it is below. In my review, that one does not appear to be as accurate in indicating these market conditions.

I am testing it to check that perhaps I should use 2 charts, and trade off of one chart but follow the indicator signals on a slightly longer term chart, and that seems to work a little better, since the market may not appear to be choppy in the shorter time frame but is range bound in the larger time frame.

This is still a work in progress.

It would be great if someone can access the other code and post it.

sourcem

P.S. What is the Laguerre indicator?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by sourcem; 06-07-2009, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post arvidvanstaey