Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Compiling Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compiling Indicator

Hi,
    When you have a indicator on a chart and you edit it then compile does the indicator on the chart also get updated as well ? The reason I ask is I added the line of code below and compiled a indicator, but I never see emails sent when I should. Keep in mind the email addresses below were changed to protect my innocence

Thanks

SendMail("[email protected]","[email protected]","T rade Alert","Long Trigger Fired");

Compile, save.

If change is made to update section. right click on chart and select reload ninjascript.

Any other section, remove indicator from chart, apply and reselect and apply.
    Last edited by RJay; 07-06-2009, 05:26 PM.
    RJay
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Widgetman, rt6176 is correct. After compiling, you can refresh the chart (which will also refresh and reload all running indicators/strategies) by either right-clicking on the chart and selecting 'Reload NinjaScript' or by hitting the 'F5' key.
      AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Guys,
        Thanks for the help. I am still having a issue where the sendmail() command is not actually sending emails. Is there a trick to get that function to work ?
        Thanks

Comment

Please check into the tip from the helpguide regarding this - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...SendMail1.html

If mails are not sent, check the Control Center Log tab for any error information. You can also try changing the SMTP outgoing mail server to use your own ISP's mail server. You can set this information via the Control Center window Tools > Options > Misc.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Austin View Post
            Widgetman, rt6176 is correct. After compiling, you can refresh the chart (which will also refresh and reload all running indicators/strategies) by either right-clicking on the chart and selecting 'Reload NinjaScript' or by hitting the 'F5' key.
            Is this still how NT8 works? I was hoping the indicator reloads itself now automatically, since NT8 is already smart enough to know that a NinjaScript file changed.

Comment

Hello J_o_s,

Thanks for your post.

The behavior remains the same in NT8. Reload Ninjascript (or F5) remains a selection available on the chart.
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_PaulH; 10-05-2015, 08:10 AM.
              Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post
                The behavior remains the same in NT8. Reload Ninjascript (or F5) remain a selection available on the chart.
                Okay, then I'm doing it correctly and not overlooking something. Thanks for the quick reply!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post trilliantrader  
                Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred