Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Adding ATR lines to a MACD chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding ATR lines to a MACD chart

I am using a MACD indicator with only the MACD line that simply tells me the difference in value between a fast and slow moving average. Is it possible to add oscillator lines, similar to the 30 and 70 lines found on other indicators such as RSI (the overbought and oversold lines), but instead of using an integer value I would like the oscillator lines to be equal to 20% of the daily ATR. For instance, the daily ATR on ES is around 20 pts, so I would want two lines on my indicator, one at +4 (0.2*20) and one at -4.

I have attached what I am using so far for the indicator. I appreciate your help.
    Thanks!!!
    Jeff
    Attached Files
    Last edited by midgetsnyper1; 08-08-2009, 11:11 AM. Reason: redefine terms

Jeff, you could code this to be displayed dynamically within a MultiTimeFrame strategy in NinjaScript - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...struments.html

Unfortunately this would have certain plotting limitations from inside the strategy -

When running a strategy on a chart you may find the need to plot values onto a chart. If these values are internal strategy calculations that are difficult to migrate to an indicator, you can use the following technique to achieve a plot. NinjaTrader 8 With NinjaTrader 8 we introduced strategy plots which provide the ability

NinjaTrader 7 will extend the MultiSeries concept we have in Strategies now to Indicators as well, making this much more convenient -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post gentlebenthebear  
    Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes