Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninja default pivot script problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which exact days are you comparing? This is the correct Pivot for the 25th
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Which exact days are you comparing? This is the correct Pivot for the 25th
      the numbers i gave earlier were the pivots i get for today vs the ninja pivots for today based on yesterdays close at 415

Comment

Originally posted by simpletrades View Post
        the numbers i gave earlier were the pivots i get for today vs the ninja pivots for today based on yesterdays close at 415
        I just played around with my settings on the properties.
        If i set 1 ES chart to the 2am -415pm setting i use for the FESX which opens at 2am, the ES pivots are correct for today (1026.33 for the daily pivot) but if I use what I should use 6pm-415pm i get the wrong 1024.42 pivot value.

Comment

Well, changing the session times will definitely give you other H L C values for the Pivots to calculate, the calculations itself are correct and you can easily verify this if you plot the PriorDayOHLC on your chart as well. If I just enter the reg. cash session 9:30 to 16:15 EST I also get a pivot for today of 1026.33

Comment

Well, changing the session times will definitely give you other H L C values for the Pivots to calculate, the calculations itself are correct and you can easily verify this if you plot the PriorDayOHLC on your chart as well. If I just enter the reg. cash session 9:30 to 16:15 EST I also get a pivot for today of 1026.33
            except that I use the ES overnite and before 930 so if i set it for 930, i dont get any earlier bars and it would hurt my indicators values.
            I guess i need to use user defined values. i just give up looking back on prior days and seeing the pivots.
            Last edited by simpletrades; 08-27-2009, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Then start the session for example at your 2 AM the morning, produces the same values for me here.

Comment

Then start the session for example at your 2 AM the morning, produces the same values for me here.
                I cant because I use the ES overnite and I need the indicator values to be correct--for example the 15 min ADX with a 14 setting needs 3 1/2 hrs or so to chart correctly. Boll bands with a 20 setting on a 1 min needs 20 min.

Does the fact that it ignores 6 pm -midnite in the pivot script calculation apparently even though the chart properties doesnt, mean the script cant be rewritten with an input for how the session start day is defined?
                Last edited by simpletrades; 08-27-2009, 10:47 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure I follow, the code does not 'ignore' certain bars or times, it takes whatever is setup by your session definitions. Maybe the best is to run two charts then, a full 24 hrs session for the indicators and your custom session to arrive at your custom pivot values.

Comment

I'm not sure I follow, the code does not 'ignore' certain bars or times, it takes whatever is setup by your session definitions. Maybe the best is to run two charts then, a full 24 hrs session for the indicators and your custom session to arrive at your custom pivot values.
                    that would not work for me.
                    do i set my session definitions only in chart properties like i have done, or is there a global session setup somewhere that i missed?

i just dont get how if the prior OHLC indicator gives the correct 6pm-415 pm prior day values, that charts set for 6 pm-415 pm in properties dont use the same prior HLC to create the current day pivot values based on those prior HLC values.
                    Last edited by simpletrades; 08-27-2009, 11:09 AM.

Comment

The session are set only in the Chart properties, for NinjaTrader 7 there's a session manager to create templates then - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html

Comment

The session are set only in the Chart properties, for NinjaTrader 7 there's a session manager to create templates then - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html
                        7.0 looks good, the session mgr pulldown and especially the continuous front month contract feature so we can look back further for support/resistance. The replay looked good, but I didnt read thru it.
                        When is all that downloadable?

Comment

You can use this until release of NT7

Hi Simpletrades,

the following indicator

is based on the Pivots indicator of NinjaTrader, but you can define session times via indicator panel. The pivot values are calculated according to session times and overnight bars will be left on the chart.

CMIPivotsDailyDash is preconfigured for the ES day session. CMIPivotsDaily is preconfigured for the 24 hour session. All times have to be entered in the time zone of the exchange. For CME you would use Central Time. Please also read instructions that come along with the indicator.

NT7 should make things easier, if session times can be defined for each instrument level (that's where they belong to...).

Comment

simpletrades, NinjaTrader 7 first beta is scheduled for the end of September.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
                            0 responses
                            1 view
                            0 likes
                            Last Post PaulMohn  
                            Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                            1 response