Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Maximum number of plots for a custom indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maximum number of plots for a custom indicator

Hi,

I know that when using the Indicator wizard to develop a custom indicator I can only enter a certain number of plots in the wizard. But does this apply when I am creating an indicator using C# without using the wizard?

The reason why I am asking this is because whenever I try to add more than 7 plots to an indicator (in this case an extra Line plot to an edited version of the Pivots indicator) the indicator will not display at all. Please help.

Thanks.
    Last edited by dowtrader; 08-29-2009, 07:03 PM.

Hi dowtrader, are there any errors in the logs (right-most tab in Control Center) when you apply this indicator?

As far as I know, there is not a limit for how many plots an indicator can have.

If you want, you can post the code and I'll take a look at it and see if I notice anything wrong.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Yes indeed it seems that there is something in the code for the Pivots indicator that allows it to work with only 7 plots because instead of editing the Pivot indicator code I instantiated the Pivot indicator code in a seperate indicator I created and added many plots and that worked fine. Thanks.

Comment

original ninja pivots with S4 R4

ok I think I got this figured after having the same problem as the OP, when adding S4 and R4 to a copy of the original ninja pivots you get an error in the log window = Please check onbarupdate or plot method. I found under the variables there was 7 brushes, I added 2 more and it seems to work now. The old S3 R3 were wide calculations, there are narrow ones other people use so the old S3 is now called S4 and a new narrow range S3 is added, maybe it's useful for others.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the input and share here Dean, appreciated.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post arvidvanstaey  
          Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes