Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Drawing lines from imported excel-data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawing lines from imported excel-data

Hi all,

I´m new here and hope you can help me in that problem.

Maybe one of you has a sample or something

let´s say ninja should draw a line @ 9829 because thats the number ninja finds in excel map 1 @ A5.

thx

ragga

ragga,

Unfortunately linking to an Excel sheet like that is not supported. It could probably be done with some much more advanced C# programming, but we just aren't able to cover that here.

As a last resort you could also try one of the 3rd party NinjaScript Consultants here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hm, bad news

but thx

Comment

Unsupported Thread

Do not be put off by the "This is not supported" line. Almost anything is possible in Ninja it just depends on how much effort it is worth putting into learning advanced C# to achieve your desired results.

I am not suggesting for a moment that you have to know advanced C# to win in this game, as the simplest trading tactics are usually the best. With Ninja however, unlike other platforms, anything is possible.

Note for moderators. Perhaps we could have an "Unsupported" Main thread on this forum, where people can place their codes, with a warning that these are for development ideas etc only and are not supported by Ninja. There are some real gems hidden amongst the many posts on the forum
        and they would serve as an example as what can be achieved. Also I suspect the offical NinjaScript consultants may like to 'donate' examples of what they can do, as a sort of advertisement.

(its amazing how many times this writing to, and getting information from Excel question comes up)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
        Started by RookieTrader, Today, 07:41 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post RookieTrader