Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can't find file NinjaTrader.Vendor.cs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find file NinjaTrader.Vendor.cs

In your documentation for Distributing Custom Indicators - Distribution Step 3 - DLL Distribution (Vendor File) you reference the file name: NinjaTrader.Vendor.cs as an example. The docs say the file name is located in the folder - Backup. I have no such folder located under the Bin folder. Also I did a search for all files and folders under Ninja Trader 6 and still no luck.

IS the documentation out of date? Can you point me somewhere else?

Thanks

Yes it is, I will update it. The correct folder is:

C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 6\bin\Custom\Backup
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I see the NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll file located in the Custom folder. But I have no sub folder named Backup . I have sub folders for Indicator, MarketAnalyzer, Tmp and Type.

Comment

To double check...

Your are checking C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 6\bin\Custom\Backup

and not

My Documents\NinjaTrader 6\bin\Custom

Comment

Opps. I was looking in My Documents. That is what the docs say:
          "To create a vendor file follow these steps:

See the file: "My Documents\NinjaTrader 6\bin\Backup\NinjaTrader.Vendor.cs file for reference sample."

I do find the Backup folder under the Program Files set.

But this does bring up the question: Why two sets of folders? The set under Program Files and the set under My Documents. I know that any indicators/strategy/market analyzer code that I develop will be stored/edited and executed(??) from the My Documents set.

So for the Dll distribution file, which set of folders do I use: My Documents of Program Files?

Thanks

Comment

Several things -

- If you plan to distribute custom NinjaScript files, in the next update we will include a process for distribution that exports everything for you in a complete package. If your NinjaScript files do not contain an external DLL references I suggest waiting a few weeks for this new update. It will make the process much easier

- The reason for two directories is because this is MSFT standard. Program files should be maintained in the Program Files folder and user data under My Documents

Comment

I am accessing a custom external dll file so it sounds like the update will not be helping me.

I need to have the indicators contained in the external dll available in your Wizards. It seems that the Vendor file is the way go. All though user defined methods might work it is not clear to me if these methods will appear in the Wizards.

Comment

Yes, you will have to then create a vendor file which holds wrapper methods for your indicators so they will be visible within Intellisense and the Strategy Wizards' condition builder.

So what you need to do is follow the instructions for creating this file at the link below, and then either provide an installer or clear instructions for your users to install this vendor file in the folder listed below.

My Documents\NinjaTrader 6\bin\Custom

Comment

In addition, you like have already seen this but here is a link to best practices for commercial indicator development. If you have a commercial website and will promote NinjaTrader we do offer a free vendor licensing service for user authentication using NinjaTrader servers. If interested, please send me an email at ray at ninjatrader dot com.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DJ888
                  by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                  0 responses