Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Changing the chart X axis...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing the chart X axis...

How can I change the chart's X axis display? I've seen on another NT chart, a display like so:

5/29 5/30 etc.

as opposed to the default time display.

Also, I'm overriding the Plot() method and overlaying indicator. I need to come up with X and Y for graphics.DrawText(). So, Y = (float)Close[0], no problem, but X = Time[0], and I can't cast (float)Time[0]. Is there a solution here, or is it simply not doable to plot X = Time[0]?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by funk101; 05-31-2007, 02:39 PM.

You can not change the x-axis label formatting. The date values you saw came e.g. from daily charts.

Comment

Well, please explain this then...

What I'm talking about came from fin-alg's TPO Chart/Market Profile for NT. http://www.fin-alg.com/tpo_help.html . And the picture I sent you is a 1 minute chart. Which, in the link, you will see the instructions telling you to open a 1 minute chart. So, I did a screen capture of the chart on my desktop clearly showing a 1 minute bar chart, and the 5/29 5/30, etc. time display. This is exactly what I am trying to recreate. Could you please explain?
      Attached Files

Comment

This is beyond the scope of what we support. Please contact www.fin-alg.com for assistance.

Comment

Are you kidding me...?

I'm not asking you to support the chart, I revert back to my original question. There must be a way to change that display. If he did it, then it's possible.
          Look, there's stuff that's not documented yet, for instance, "ChartControl"..
          ChartControl.LastBarPainted, etc. I stumbled across it while reverse engineering VolumeZones.cs. I can't find any doc's on it. So, I can only *assume* that there are other controls like that, and I'm now getting to the point where I need to know *ALL* that is available to me, and that may include the time display issue. So, please, work with me, and don't fight me with replying "we don't support that". That is not what I'm asking.

Comment

Let me try to explain:

The framework provides much more features than we actually can support. It's just a matter of bandwidth. As we progress on properly supporting the features we already expose, we will add more parts of the framework to the "supported and exposed" stuff. The proper usage of the feature you're asking for was figured out by www.fin-alg.com without any (!) support by us (which is in line with our policy).

Thanks for your understanding.

Comment

Ok, so...

Where can I *read* about the framework, and what's available to me. Can you at least point me to some link? Anyone?

Comment

You can't, that's what we mean when we say its unsupported functionality.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
                12 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DrakeiJosh  
                Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes