Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

onmarketdata drawing and using 2 bars plots questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

onmarketdata drawing and using 2 bars plots questions

I know I digging in a bit deep, but I've not been able to find details about these questions from the help docs, forum, or example code...

1.) Is NT designed to accomodate PlotN.Set usage from within onmarketupdate? If I make it such that onbarclose = false, should onbarupdate provide the same printing with a change in the last price value? And if I can plot from onmarketdata, what are there timming implications...ie I am working logic that may at times want to update a pair of bar plots from a number of sequention last price updates (tics) within the given chart period.

2.) What is the difference between PlotN.Set
    and Value[n].Set? I see documentation about PlotN.Set but not Value[n].set, yet I see example code with both. Should one be used over the other in certain circumstances?

3.) If I set the width of Plot0 to 2 and Plot1 to 4 I would think I need to first draw Plot1 and then Plot0 to have an overlay effect - is this correct? Is this the correct way to do this? Many times when I try to draw 2 bar items, the second one seems to wipe out the first one.

If there are some online docs or examples I should/could review, please point me in the direction....(already have studied BidAskHistorVolume )

Thanks

1. You can, but there I don't see much advantage over doing it here than in OnBarUpdate().

2. No real difference. You can use Value[] when you didn't give your plot a name, otherwise you can call either or.

3. Not sure what you mean by wiping out the first. Make sure you actually have two plots created in the Properties region of the code.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post GLFX005
    by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM