Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

pricecoloredvolumebars indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pricecoloredvolumebars indicator

hi,
    just wondering what extra ninjascript i can add to this indicator so that when the close=open on pricebar print, it does not print the same volume bar color whether the trend is up or down (in my case always red), but prints the same color as the previous volume bar? thanks.

upsndowns,

Unfortunately we are not familiar with this indicator. It may be best to try and inquiry the original author for what is expected behavior for it.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hi josh,
      i'm just after a piece of code that i can try in the indicator which defines:
      when close=open on a price bar, then color the volume bar the same color as the volume bar before it.

i don't know if this is an "if..else" code (there is already an "if...else" code in the indicator..can you add another?), or what? i attempted this & got errors galore

anything you could offer would be appreciated. the "pricecoloredvolumebars" indicator was downloaded into nt & was from "ninjatrader-support2". thanks.

Comment

Even though you may have downloaded from the forums, they are still 3rd party indicators that we do not monitor so cannot provide you with any specific guidance for those.

Not following you on price bar vs volume bars. You would most likely need to contact the original author of your indicator to see if they can help you out with their script.

If you mean volume bars as in the indicator's plotted bars, then to change color for that you would need to follow these guidelines and create a multi-plot indicator: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=3227
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

josh, the link you sent me was a great help...think i've sorted it out. many thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Rapine Heihei  
          Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Rapine Heihei