Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Trendline orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trendline orders

Hello... I am in a process of trying to gracefully move from Metatrader to Ninjatrader...I am using Easy EA (text file attached) that lets me enter market when price penetrates trendline that I set (and renamed it: bs-for buy and ss for sell) ...it also lets me have a superior Trailing Stop &Take Profit based on trendlines that I set to my liking..."sometimes" I am not sure where market will go next...Easy EA lets me place a straddle for buy & sell...as soon as position opens I delete the other trendline...Wonder if anyone came across of something like that in Ninjatrader...or someone will be able & willing to code it....Thanks...
    Attached Files

Pavaka, welcome to NinjaTrader - unfortunately I'm not aware of something similiar already created already - for custom coding this for you, please contact one of those NinjaScript consultants -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Does NT8 have functionality to populate orders when price hits a trend line that has been drawn on a chart? Is it possible to code something like this in NT7 or NT8? Or does something like this already exist in NT7?

Thanks!

Comment

Hello pev11,

I have submitted a feature request to the product management team for the following feature :

This customer would like to be able to use chart drawing objects as crossover triggers.

I will follow up with more information as soon as it's available. If the feature requests already exists, a vote will be added to it.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
        Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello again Pavaka,

I have been informed this can be done in two ways. One would be to set up an Alert for the crossover, and then use the "Submit an Order" Action. The second would be to grab a reference to the object in code, then use it's anchor points as prices for a pending order. Please let me know if neither of these work for you, or if there is any other way we can help.
          Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by KennyK, 05-29-2017, 02:02 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes