Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Drawing Arrows and Text in Price or Indicator area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawing Arrows and Text in Price or Indicator area

I have created an indicator that I want to use DrawArrowUp, DrawArrowDown and DrawText to alert me to a condition where I want to enter a trade. When I use the Draw functions they print in the indicator area. I would like to print them in the price area with the price bars. How do I get the Draw functions to print in the price area?

Bob, you could work with DrawOnPricePanel for this - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ceOnPanel.html
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Bertrand, that worked.

I have another question. How can I set the font to Arial 8 point bold?

Comment

Great - you would need to use the extended DrawText overload offering a font parameter - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H.../DrawText.html

Comment

This is what I m using

private Font textFont = new Font("Arial", 8);

DrawText(CurrentBar.ToString() + "c", true, Open[0].ToString(), 0, High[0] + TickSize * 10, Color.HotPink, textFont, StringAlignment.Center, Color.Transparent, Color.Transparent, 0);

How do I make the font bold?

Comment

You could try this -

Code:

private Font textFont = new Font("Arial", 8, FontStyle.Bold);

Comment

That did it. Thanks

Comment

I have a question about arrow and text placement. How is the location for the arrow and text figured?

I have seen examples using TickSize for placement on the price panel but the arrow seems to take a variable amount of ticks depending on what I am trading. The following code places the text just above the arrow on ES. For example the high is 1099.75, the point of the down arrow is 1100.25, the top of the arrow is 1101.25 and the bottom of the text is 1101.25 so the text is 10 ticks above the high. On TF I have a high of 621.7, the bottom of the arrow is 621.8, the top of the arrow is 622.0 and the bottom of the text is 622.3. That is only 6 ticks.

DrawArrowDown(CurrentBar.ToString() + "b", true, 0, High[1] + TickSize, Color.HotPink);
                DrawText(CurrentBar.ToString() + "c", true, Open[0].ToString(), 0, High[0] + TickSize * 10, Color.HotPink, textFont, StringAlignment.Center, Color.Transparent, Color.Transparent, 0);

I would also like to know what unit of measure is used for placement in the indicator panel.

Thanks
                Last edited by BobTN; 02-25-2010, 12:40 PM.

Comment

BobTN,

It goes by the tick size of the instrument. A tick for the ES is 0.25 while a tick for TF is 0.10. These are defined in your Instrument Manager for each instrument.
                  Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. You are correct. I found a coding error. I was using High[0] when I meant to use High[1].

Both of you have been very helpful. I just have one more question and then I swear I will leave you alone... at least until I have my next coding challenge. LOL

Is there any way to make the arrow wider for the DrawArrowUp or DrawArrowDown?

Comment

You're welcome Bob, unfortunately not possible directly, best option is just to plot for example two arrows above / below eachother to arrive at a larger drawing.

Comment

I am still having problems. I am using the following code

DrawOnPricePanel = true;

DrawArrowUp(CurrentBar.ToString() + "l", true, 0, Low[1] - TickSize, Color.PaleGreen);

DrawText(CurrentBar.ToString() + "m", Open[0].ToString(), 0, Low[1] - 8 * TickSize, Color.PaleGreen);

The arrows draw in the price panel but the text is in the indicator area. What am doing wrong?

Comment

I found the problem. The thread at

took me to a NinjaTrader problem. In my case somehow the default workspace got set to <panel>1<panel>. When I changed it to <panel>0<panel> my text appeared on the price panel.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post nandhumca  
                          Started by The_Sec, Today, 03:37 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post The_Sec