Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Slope function output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok i think i got it to work but when the indicator shows on the screen now it, squishes the candle at the top, and the moving average at the bottom, i dont really see why. But i am trying nonetheless

Comment

Try turning AutoScale off on your indicator.
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Tried that last night it didnt make a difference, still working on trying to capture the output of degrees to a plot that can be used in a strategy,

what is the funtion i use so i can see what the code is doing when it is running??

the output code

Comment

Ok i got a degree indicator built that allows output of the degree for strategy developement, It is absed off the TRO with the colored dots. Let me know if you would like me to upload it. I am doing testing now, but it appears to work

Comment

Outputting can be done through the Print() function. I'm sure the community would appreciate any new indicator you feel like releasing.

Comment

So by using the print funtion, in the MAslopebox indicator you could get the slope outputed for a strategy to use??

Comment

I am not familiar with the MASlopeBox, but if the original author made accessible values then yes you can. You will need to contact the original author for more information.

Comment

From my understanding the degrees value is not currently accessible from a strategy and the code would need modified. It would be great if it was accessible though, but unfortunately it's beyond my level to do this .

Comment

The degree value is not able to be outputed at this time, I tried my best with what i know, but was unable to get it to work right << Newb. I was able to use the code to create another indicator taht uses the EMA average that does output a limit of the Angle. IE if it is above 20 degrees to output a 1. You can then use this in a strategy set to whatever you want, IE 5 degrees etc. It is only for the EMA right now. When i test it moe tongiht i will upload it, If someone can tell me how to upload a indicator here.

Comment

You can upload through the file sharing section of the forum. There is a button called "Add Entry". Just click on that to add.

Comment

MACD lines

Is there an indicator already available that would color the MACD lines red when sloping downward, blue when sloping upward and yellow when flat? I use the DoubleMA indicator to color EMA lines this way, but it doesn't seem to work on the MACD lines. I am not interested in coloring the MACD histogram.

Comment

I don't remember if there was one made already, but you can try searching in the file sharing section of the forums.

Comment

Hi All,

Have someone been able to get the slope into a strategy?

I have tried to plot the slope without any success but my knowledge is very limited

Cheer

Comment

Attached is MASlopePlot, based on MASlopeBox. I think doing the plot has exposed a problem with the SlopeBox, in that the calculation on the box version has to have 'calculate on bar on close' set to false to get the same values as the plot, it matches up for NTS, but not for WDS for some reason.

That problem aside you can call it from a strategy or just use the Slope() function directly in the code.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks this is great!!!

I will test it

Cheers

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                                6 responses
                                0 likes