Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

TICK Extreme indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TICK Extreme indicator

Hello All.

Fisrt of all, excuse me my very bad english.

At now, I have a chart with 2 data series, E-mini and NYSE Tick, then I created an indicator that simply draw two lines with a given value (ie. +1000 and -1000). I placed this indicator on the NYSE Tick dataseries to alert me when the NYSE TICK is in extreme value, with this I have all solved.

Two questions please:

1.- I'm a programer, and for fun, I try to create a Tick extreme indicator that color red the bars of NYSE TICK with values >= 1000 or <= -1000. There are some function or method wich I can receive the data for the NYSE Tick into an indicator?

2.- How I can outlined a Bar into an indicator like a candlestick? for example outlined the bars of the VolumeUpDown.

Thanks.

Federico

Hi Federico, you could work with the BarColor() method to paint the bars on your condition -

If you like to access both dataseries (Emini and $TICK) in one indicator via coding -> this is unfortunately not supported for 6.5, but we've added it to NinjaTrader 7 (MultiSeries indicator support) -

Displaying the indicator value as CandleStick is unfortunately not supported per default, but could be achieved via custom plotting / overriding the Plot() method, the CustomPlotSample would give you an example to start from. I believe the Value Chart indicator shared in the forums would do the same.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Tick Extremes

Hi Bertrand.

I not want to create an indicator to access both dataseries.

I need to create an indicator like Tick Extremes formula of eSignal.

This indicator is very usefull to detect reversal signals.

Someone have it for Ninja Trader or know how to translate to NinjaScript?

This indicator can be found via google seeking TickExtremes.efs

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Federico, would unfortunately not be familiar with this custom one - perhaps you can share a screenshot of it in action?

For a good start in NinjaScript indicator coding, please see those tutorials from us -

Comment

Tick Extremes indicator

Hi Bertrand.

Here is the link where found an screenshoot and a esignal code for the Tick Extremes indicator. Also can be downloaded:

The code of this indicator is simple.

This indicator draws a red bar when the $TICK has reached overbought or oversold extremes (+1000 and -1000), that indicate a reversion is near.

This indicator is very powerfull and I think that must be added to your arsenal of indicators.

Could be used only $TICK as a secondary chart, and I do now, but this indicator have a particularity, and I don't know how is calculate, ˇˇˇ also functions on pre-market hours!!! that is very powerfull to help five minutes traders to determine the possible direction of the initial breakout or breakdown of the E_mini at the openning.

Someone would translate this indicator to Ninjascript languaje?

Thanks.

Comment

Federico, thanks for sharing those details - you should be able to recreate the indicator with a single series one in NinjaTrader, just monitor for the close to be crossing your designated overbought / oversold regions and color the price bars of the TICK accordingly -

Comment

Tick Extremes indicator

Hi Bertrand.

I'm developing the Tick Extremes indicator, the help of NT7 is very good.

I have a couple of questions that I not found in the Help:

How can set an upper and lower limits for the scale of indicator? Do not want to use autoscale.

I want to see the entire range of the indicator (from -1000 to +1000) althought the tick did not reached those extremes. For example I would like to set the upper and lower limits in +1200 and -1200 respectively with intermediate values of -500 and +500.

I've seen that an instrument can be added to the indicator with the Add() method. Is this also for NT6.5?

Thank you very much for your attention.

Comment

Federico,

Unfortunately you cannot programmatically set the max/min scale values of the indicator. You will have to do this manually on the panel axis after you add it to the chart. Just double click on the y-axis and select Fixed scale and type in the values you want to fix it to.

Add() for instruments in indicators is not available in 6.5. This is a new feature for 7.
                Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                1 response
                0 likes