Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error Importing Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Importing Script

I tried copying the Heikin Ashi indicator from NT6.5 to NT7, compiled it and got errors. I decided to delete the indicator and Import a script file that I saw in this forum but then encountered this error message "Import Failed. The NinjaScript File may contain duplicate method name that already exists on your PC or there is a required file missing on either your PC or in the import archive." I'm not sure if deleted it right but I don't see the indicator anymore under Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator. I would appreciate any help.

Hello Rmos22,

Heiken Ashi is no longer supported as a custom indicator.

It's available as a custom interval type in version 7. To access, Right Click on your chart > Data Series. Highlight a series and change "Type" to HeikenAshi.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Something is wrong with the way Heikin Ashi is displaying bars as opposed to
      regular tick bars. There are far fewer bars displayed using interval type HA.
      From the attached screenshots it appears that the discrepancy happens only
      after a new session line break (black dash bar). I have to obesrve this further
      tomorrow real time during the morning session.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6E 74T Apr15.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	856417

Click image for larger version

Name:	6E 74THA Apr15.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	856418

Comment

This is an issue we're currently looking into for NT7 latest beta, thanks for posting.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This "Heiken Ashi Custom" indicator is in the "Indicator" section of the forums.

It is great, but only compiles in 6.5. Maybe someone knows how to make it work / compile in NT7?

Comment

Hi Thomas,

HeikenAshi will not be supported as a custom indicator in NT7. You would likely need to make your own custom code chages. See here for the code breaking changes in NT7.

For version 7 HeikenAshi is available as a custom interval type.

To access: Right Click on your chart > Data Series. Highlight a series and change "Type" to HeikenAshi.
            Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
              Hi Thomas,

For version 7 HeikenAshi is available as a custom interval type.

To access: Right Click on your chart > Data Series. Highlight a series and change "Type" to HeikenAshi.
              yea, but I'm having same problems as others. see Bertrands comments in this thread

I'd like to use the "Heiken Ahshi Custom" from the "Indicator" forum and adapt it to NT7, but my C# skills are not so sharp.
              Last edited by Thomas; 04-16-2010, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Thomas, those issues are not comparable - the custom code you had for 6.5 needs most likely a rework for NT7 to make it compatible, if you're not into coding a NinjaScript consultant would be able to help.

For using the Heikin Ashi as chart type as we have now per default in NT7, here's a solution to prevent the opening session issues as discussed in this thread - create a full session for the week spanning for example Monday open to Friday close (Tools > Session Manager).

Then use the Heikin Ashi charts in NT7 combined with this custom session and it should not give you the reset at session begin effects as previously seen.

Thanks
                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post

For using the Heikin Ashi as chart type as we have now per default in NT7, here's a solution to prevent the opening session issues as discussed in this thread - create a full session for the week spanning for example Monday open to Friday close (Tools > Session Manager).

Then use the Heikin Ashi charts in NT7 combined with this custom session and it should not give you the reset at session begin effects as previously seen.

Thanks
                  Here are three attachments:

1) Custom session template Sun-Fri
                  2) HA 2000 tick es using this custom Sun-Fri template
                  3) HA 2000 tick es using CME Index ETH template

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Thomas,

The use of HA charts with ticks is an issue we're currently looking into for NT7 latest beta.
                    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Tim; 04-16-2010, 12:37 PM.
                    TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Tim View Post
                      Hi Thomas,

The use of HA charts with ticks issue we're currently looking into for NT7 latest beta.
                      I was just following Bertrands instructions from a few posts back. I'll await the fix.

Comment

unable to load script in NT 7

Hello,

I have downloaded NT 7 on two desktop computers. However when i try to import a ninja script it wont load on one of them. the other computer loaded fine, i just had to make one adjustment after i loaded it. I get error, "you have cusotm ninjascript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a ninjascript archive file."

Its the exact same script on both computers. How can I work around this?

TIA

Comment

Originally posted by Brian B. View Post
                          Hello,

I have downloaded NT 7 on two desktop computers. However when i try to import a ninja script it wont load on one of them. the other computer loaded fine, i just had to make one adjustment after i loaded it. I get error, "you have cusotm ninjascript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a ninjascript archive file."

Its the exact same script on both computers. How can I work around this?

TIA
                          Hello Brian B,

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.
                          • Open NinjaTrader
                          • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
                          • Select an indicator and double click on it.
                          • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
                          • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
                          • From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.
                          Let me know if this does the trick for you.
                          Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Script Errors

Hi Chris,

I did as posted and these are the results. I also have NT 6.5 and NT 7 64OS on this computer, dont know if that is a problem. I am also running windows 7 on this computer. The other computer that works fine is windows XP 32 bit and I had installed an earlier beta NT 7 on there then upgraded to Beta 14. Hope this helps, thanks
                            Attached Files

Comment

Error script

Nevermind, I got it. For some reason it didnt import the dll codes for a couple of indicators i have never used. i solved it, finally. thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post zstheorist  
                              Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                              8 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rehmans