Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator Conflicts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator Conflicts

Attacking my problem from another direction, I am trying to modify the indicator ConstantLines.

I copied the standard indicator, renamed it and edited to find and replace all instances of ConstantLines to another name. Then saved it.

However, when I try to compile, I get an error that says there is already another version of ConstantLines - referring to a line which does not say that.

I also tried simply creating a new indicator from scratch with four variable and four plots, then inserted the ConstantLines computation logic exactly -- got the same message.

In between, I tried closing and reopening NinjaTrader several times, no luck.

I can't figure out the conflict.

1) It's not recommended to manipulate NinjaScript files outside the scope of NinjaTrader, since this could screw up your installation (as you experienced).
    We are unable to provide support for this.

2) Please remove your erroneous copy by Tools->Edit NinjaScript->Indicator, select the indicator and press delete.

3) Next open the ConstantLines indicator in the NS editor, right click->Save as. This should do the job.

Comment

system won't delete

Thank you.

I looked for the "save as" command under the "save" button and didn't think to right click. Would have saved me much time.

Now I am really screwed up. Could not delete the new indicators because says couldn't delete while an indicator had an error.

So I removed NinjaTrader through the Control Panel, cleared my brower cache, and re-installed. No luck. When I try to edit ANY indicator, it won't compile with the same message: The namespace 'NinjaTrader Indicator' already contains a definition for 'ConstantLines'. File is @ConstantLines.cs.

There is no indicator in the c:\Documents\....\NinjaTrade 6\bin\Custom\Indicator folder that was any copy of the ConstantLines indicator.

What now?

Comment

Go to the following folder and manually delete the custom files that are causing the error. Then you should be able to compile.

My Documents\NinjaTrader 6\bin\Custom\Indicator
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I couldn't figure out what was going on. There were no offending indicators in My Documents\NinjaTrader 6\bin\Custom\Indicator

BUT... there was an additional copy of ConstantLines in the folder one up - My Documents\NinjaTrader 6\bin\Custom. I deleted that and the skies were blue.

Thanks for all of your help. I've gotten some fairly complex and very important (to me) indicators going and every stop I've encountered along the way, you have helped me through. It's great support.

By the way, I was able to save ConstantLines to a new name and use it as a template to add some additional logic which is working great. That problem solved.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jaybedreamin