Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

MRO error in v7, but not in 6.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MRO error in v7, but not in 6.5

The below line is causing the error: "Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method for indicator 'CCI_Forecaster_DE' on bar 34: 'MRO' on bar 0 threw exception: You are accessing an index with a value that is invalid since its out of range. I.E. accessing a series [barsAgo] with a value of 5 when there are only 4 bars on the chart." where Bar 34 is the first bar processed.

BarsAgo_100Xdown = MRO(delegate{return (myWoodies[0] < 100 && (myWoodies[Math.Min(CurrentBar, 1)]==100 ? myWoodies[Math.Min(CurrentBar, 2)]>100 : myWoodies[Math.Min(CurrentBar, 1)]>100));},1,CurrentBar) +1;// 100 line cross up

This line is identical to the MRO in the previous line except that the > and < operators are reversed. That line reads:

BarsAgo_100Xup = MRO(delegate{return (myWoodies[0] > 100 && (myWoodies[Math.Min(CurrentBar, 1)]==100 ? myWoodies[Math.Min(CurrentBar, 2)]<100 : myWoodies[Math.Min(CurrentBar, 1)]<100));},1,CurrentBar) +1;// 100 line cross up

Also of interest is that if I change the last > to a < the line passes muster. I have checked it against a standard CCI and the CCI has exceeded both 100 and -100 before bar 34. I also changed the return statement to start bar processing as high as 200 and it still throws the error.

Like I said, this line has worked for v6.5 for years.

This much simpler line throws the same error:

BarsAgoSidewaysreset = MRO(delegate{return (Math.Abs(myWoodies[Math.Min(CurrentBar, 1)])>=Extremes);},1,CurrentBar) +1;// Extreme cross up

Where Extremes is an int (def == 200)
    If I change the >= to a <= it passes muster.

Any help would be appreciated.

snaphook, thanks we're looking into matters and see if we can reproduce the issue here.

Thanks for reporting in.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi snaphook,

Is myWoodies a dataseries, what does it access? Code snippet?
      TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

myWoodies access the WoodiesCCI Indicator and is located in Initialize..

myWoodies = WoodiesCCI(2, 5, Periods, 34, 25, 6, 30, 100, 2);

This occurred during a port from v6.5 to v7.15b. The v6.5 indicator is available in the indicators forum. CCI_Forecaster_DE
        Last edited by snaphook; 06-02-2010, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Hi snaphook,

Looks like the creator is using some unsupported methods, however, you can try putting in the OnStartUp() instead.

More info at - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...?onstartup.htm

Comment

OK. Well, I am the creator and never claimed to be an expert C# programmer.

I moved the myWoodies declaration to OnStartUp() (thank you) and left the
            WoodiesCCI myWoodies;
            statement in variables.

I am still getting an error in:
            BarsAgoExtremeXdown = MRO(delegate{return (myWoodies[0]<Extremes && myWoodies[Math.Min(CurrentBar, 1)]>=Extremes);},1,CurrentBar) +1;// Extreme cross down

Extremes is an int == 200.

Using
            if(CurrentBar<135) return;
            on bar 135 myWoodies crossed below 200, therefore the test evaluated to TRUE and no error occurred. On bar 134, however, myWoodies was > 200 and had never been > 200 before as shown below (note the 134 identifying bar 134). Using
            if(CurrentBar<134) return;
            this test evaluated to false on bar 134, resulting in the error reported, rather than a -1 as documented.

Comment

I think I may have found the problem. The lookback period was set to CurrentBar, which worked fine in v6.5, but in v7 it fails. If, however, I change the lookback period to CurrentBar-1 the tests all pass muster. Apparently a change was made to bar 0 such that the v6.5 test failed in v7 when testing bar 0. CurrentBar-1 only tests back to bar 1.

Comment

Hi snaphook,

Understood, and thank you for the update.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post Jon17
                by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM