Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

VWAP for NT 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VWAP for NT 7?

Hi,

I just downloaded NT 7 and it looks really great. I am trying to import a VWAP indicator, but it seems i cant run it as it contrains 'dupliocate method names'

I think it might have somthing to do with the fact that the methods
    Bars.SessionBegin and Bars.SessionEnd are deprecated. The indicator uses those methods in the following lines

PHP Code:
    sessionend = new DateTime(Bars.SessionBegin.YearBars.SessionBegin.MonthBars.SessionBegin.DayBars.SessionEnd.HourBars.SessionEnd.MinuteBars.SessionEnd.Second);

startTimeDate = new DateTime(Bars.SessionBegin.YearBars.SessionBegin.MonthBars.SessionBegin.DaystartTime.HoursstartTime.MinutesstartTime.Seconds);

endTimeDate = new DateTime(Bars.SessionBegin.YearBars.SessionBegin.MonthBars.SessionBegin.DayendTime.HoursendTime.MinutesendTime.Seconds); 
    any idea how I can edit so it will work in NT7?

Hi eurostoxx trader,

With the new session manager, the changes are necessary.

Please see the following link for the changes that need to be made for editing that indicator for NinjaTrader 7.

Also see this link for VWAP edited by another user - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...light=vwap+nt7
    TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thank u very much for the link Ninja Tim

Really appreciate it

Comment

HI,
        For some reason I cannot access the NT7 VWAP link posted. Is there any other place I can get it? Please advise. Thank you.
        Zeos

Comment

Zeos6, you can also take a look at our sharing section here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ch=vwap&desc=1
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

vwap on NT 7

How do I get the vwap on NT 7 to start @ midnight instead of 5am

Comment

Hi aafwintb,

To clarify, is it that you don't see data on a chart starting at midnight?
              TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No, I see the chart starting @ 12:00am but when I put on the vwap, it starts @ 5am . I have changed the session startime to 12:00am but still it hasn't helped. however when I change the time settings under data series to use market settings it shows 10:00pm. by the way this is for forex trading i.e. eur/usd.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by aafwintb View Post
                  No, I see the chart starting @ 12:00am but when I put on the vwap, it starts @ 5am . I have changed the session startime to 12:00am but still it hasn't helped. however when I change the time settings under data series to use market settings it shows 10:00pm. by the way this is for forex trading i.e. eur/usd.

Thank you.

Can you please forward me a copy of the VWAP indicator you are using so I may attempt to test on my end.

Please send this indicator to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                  1.) A link to this forum thread.
                  2.) The indicator you have applied
                  3.) A screen shot of your chart window with the indicator applied.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
                  Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
                    Can you please forward me a copy of the VWAP indicator you are using so I may attempt to test on my end.

Please send this indicator to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                    1.) A link to this forum thread.
                    2.) The indicator you have applied
                    3.) A screen shot of your chart window with the indicator applied.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
                    I'm using the VWAP code downloaded from the last post here with no problem. I am using the default start session time although there appears to be a property to set the start time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post aussugardefender  
                    Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
                    14 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Nyman