Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

error cs1704

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error cs1704

I have error cs 1704 that is preventing me from importing indicators. under error it says, "an assembly with the same simple" when I click for info and look in the help guide that error code is not even listed. Help please

Sidvish912, please compile an indicator to see where those errors are coming from, you can do so by opening one indicator via Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator and then pressing F5 in the code. Then please expand the error listed at the botton so it's readable and take a screen shot of it and attach it to your reply here so we can take a look. Thanks
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

I do get the same error and have the same problem. Did you ever manage to solve this problem?

Comment

Hello,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum.

Please see post number 2 in Bertrands response and follow up with this information, so that we can further assist since the original poster either found the issue and did not post the solution or still has the issue.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

CS1704 Error Message

After compiling I get the following error message saying that there is an assembly with the same simple name CCIDiv_LS_CCI_140910.

Eine Assembly mit demselben einfachen Namen CCIDiv_LS_CCI_140910, Version=1.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null wurde bereits importiert. Entfernen Sie einen der Verweise, oder signieren Sie sie, um die gleichzeitige Verwendung zu aktivieren. CS1704 - click for info 0 0

In addition the log on the control center gives out the following error message:

27.12.2010 19:00:40 Default Unable to create instance of 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.CCIDivV2'. Most likely there is no default constructor defined, or the default constructor does not work correctly: Ein Aufrufziel hat einen Ausnahmefehler verursacht.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for that information. Suggest removing the mentioned indicators by going to Control center->Tools->Edit NinjaScript->Indicator->Then using the Delete button here to remove the two CCI indicators mentioned. Then recompile and make sure everything is good you will now be able to import in your indicator.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

error cs1704

Hello,

There is/are no indicators with such a name present. There is however one strategy with the name CCIDiv_LS_CCI_140910.cs. If trying to delete the strategy I get error message that this file cant be deleted as this file is likely referenced by other NinjaScript and these dependencies need to be removed first.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

In this case its best to have me look into it. Please send a note to support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post and put ATTN: Brett and include your phone number.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

CS1704 CS1704 errors unresolvable by removing

I have the same errors CS1703 and CS1704.
                  Pic attached.
                  I imported the D3Spotter for NT8 indicator from the forum and it happened. I wanted to look at how the indicator draws on both the price and indicator panel at the same time.
                  Something in there perhaps.

Now I can't compile anything and there is no NinjaScript File at fault.
                  It seems to be all SharpDX and NinjaTrader.Core stuff so it looks like the NT8 installation hozes up with this indicator.
                  For anyone reading this - Caution!!!

Is there any easy resolution for this?
                  Or do I have to save out all my custom code to Notepad, uninstall NT8 and reinstall?

What troubles me is how fragile NT8 is to these core problems and it will take some time back everything up, double check and try the reinstall process. All while not being sure that I saved everything.
                  The Web help is no use. Usually there's something helpful that lets me figure out a code problem, but I click on the Code column for the CS#### and it just gives me a page of "Authorization Required". It would be more helpful if there was a description of the Error Code and common fixes to it.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by cpuzz; 12-30-2016, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Hello cpuzz,

Thanks for your post.

In the image it says there may be duplicate references. You could try removing any duplicates you see if you right click in the editor and select references.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry.

Please send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->EMail Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

Put 'Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you further.
                    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ShawnB; 01-10-2017, 06:54 PM.
                    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                    47 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post aligator  
                    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes