Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Problem with updating indicator at new day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with updating indicator at new day

I have a strange problem with an indicator when the new day session begins , I have to apply it again at the chart to see the correct values.
    This indicator is my modification of the built-in PriordayOHLC indicator , I modified to make it plot just on the current day session.
    I noted that at the beginning of a new day it plots previous day's close instead of current session's high and low (which are the selected inputs).
    This problem is solved , as I said , as soon as I apply again the indicator.
    Any help?
    Let me know if you want have a look at the code .

Rgds

Massimo

Unfortunately we are unable to review actual indicators for bandwidth reasons. NinjaScript consultants are available to help program your custom indicators/strategies or to help our users throughout their learning curve. Additional information is located here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm

I suggest verifying that the problem only exists with your custom indicator but not with a NT standard indicator.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
      I suggest verifying that the problem only exists with your custom indicator but not with a NT standard indicator.
      The problem exists with the built-in indicators as well , see attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

Not sure I follow. The PriorDayOHLC plots the OHLC values of the prior day. You could see that e.g. right most set of horizontal lines which mark the OHLC of the session before. I see all 4 lines matching.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
          Not sure I follow. The PriorDayOHLC plots the OHLC values of the prior day. You could see that e.g. right most set of horizontal lines which mark the OHLC of the session before. I see all 4 lines matching.
          The lines are not matching at all , today is 15th-August, the lines are plotting 13th-August OHLC not 14th-August (which is previous day).I put on that chart also an indicator which plots (blue color) the bars of the entire intraday session every couple of days, so you can see the whole 14th session' bars as blue, last 2 bars of that chart are the first 2 bars of today session (15th). It should be clear the indicator PriorOHLC is not plotting the correct values. To show the correct values , I have to reapply the indicator as soon as there are at least 2 bars in today's session. As I explained in my first message if the indicator is already on the chart at current session opening it will plot the wrong values .

Comment

To make sure we are on the same page: Are you saying that the PriorDayOHLC does not plot the correct lines only for the last 2 rightmost bars on chart, but all other session are fine? (that's at least what I could see on your screenshot)

Comment

Exactly Dierk, All the previous plots are ok but in real time for the current Session (in the chart I enclosed there were 2 bars of today's session) if the indicator is already on the chart it will plot the wrong values.

Comment

Thanks for clarification. We'll look into and let you know (please be patient, our developer will be back tomorrow, thanks).

Comment

Will be resolved in NT 6.5. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
                  RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                  11 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post xiinteractive  
                  Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes