Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Fibonacci Indicator (ZigZag)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibonacci Indicator (ZigZag)

hi,

I have an indicator idea but I wanted to check if there was something out there that does the same job / or ask for suggestions for a starting point (I am not a savvy programmer).

So, what I want is an indicator that will measure selected fibonacci retracements/extensions for a current swing - while the current swing is going to be found as in the ZigZag indicator - so by a deviation value, rather than bar strength.

So for example, I want the indicator to look at 5+ pt swings in the ES, and give me the 38, 62% retracement levels for it, as well as some extensions (these levels can be inputs; negative inputs for extensions etc).

If there is such an indicator please let me know.

If not, do you have any suggestions for a starting point besides the ZigZag indicator itself (which is highly complicated for me an would take a long time to figure out)

Thank you so much

Hello,

There is nothing for free on our support forum that does this that I can find. There may there be one of our third party partners that may have developed one.

As far as developing this indicator this will be a fairly complex indicator to develop and would be extreamly hard for someone who is not a programmer to achieve ( Not impossible just need to learn a lot of programming concepts first ). In this case I would recommend that you contact one of our NinjaScript consulatants as they will be able to create this indicator for you, I have also included some links to help you with programming this indicator if you would like to try to learn how to do this.

NinjaScript Consultants:

NinjaScript Help Guide:

NinjaTrader Support Forum:

Strategy Wizard:

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

I have coded two fib indicators, one of them uses zigzags. The indicator does not measure the minimum deviation in terms of points, but in terms of the cumulated ATR. If you use points, you need to change the settings for each instrument. Biy using ATR() the indicator adapts itself to all instruments without modified settings. The indicator measures retracements, extensions, alternates and projections and determines confluence zones. If you are interested just send me a private message.

Originally posted by zaza5000 View Post
      hi,

I have an indicator idea but I wanted to check if there was something out there that does the same job / or ask for suggestions for a starting point (I am not a savvy programmer).

So, what I want is an indicator that will measure selected fibonacci retracements/extensions for a current swing - while the current swing is going to be found as in the ZigZag indicator - so by a deviation value, rather than bar strength.

So for example, I want the indicator to look at 5+ pt swings in the ES, and give me the 38, 62% retracement levels for it, as well as some extensions (these levels can be inputs; negative inputs for extensions etc).

If there is such an indicator please let me know.

If not, do you have any suggestions for a starting point besides the ZigZag indicator itself (which is highly complicated for me an would take a long time to figure out)

Thank you so much

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
      11 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post stafe
      by stafe

Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
      5 responses