Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Square of Nine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gann swing charts

HI there

Im new to the forum, can anyone tell me if there is a Gann Swing Chart available for ninja.
    thanks heaps

jazzy

Comment

Hi jazzy welcome to the NinjaTrader support forums! I'm not aware of indicators for Gann's swing charts, however you could try this one - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...&id=38&catid=1
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

There is a Square of 9 indicator posted in the indicator section and it works and I really like it with one exception. Soon after adding it, I found that my charts were hanging and slowing dramatically after running for an hour or so. It took me a while to determine it was the Sq of 9 indicator, but as soon as I deleted it, my charts were working beautifully again.

I'd really like to add it back if someone knows how to correct the CPU overload issue that this indicator caused on my computer. Anyone else experience this problem or have any idea how to correct it?

Comment

SQ of 9

if u have a computer with less rams,,it may be the cause of your problem.i do not have any kind of issue like this. 1G (minimum)required for running charts smoothly.if u are using zen fire data,then may be 3+ needed.And u need a real high speed internet 7 or 8 G cable or DSL as well.
          good luck.

Comment

After more research, I found there are two of these indicators posted. They appear to be the same with the exception of one was created in NT version 6.0 and the other in 6.5. I added the 6.5 version and put it back on my charts and now NO problems. Evidently the older version is not compatible with vers 6.5. I was glad to find this out, as I really like this indicator! Kudos to the creator and thanks for making it available to us.

Also, I have a current dual core CPU with 8 megs of Ram, so if you have the wrong version, it will slow the charts on even a fast computer with lots of memory.
            Last edited by mccullek; 01-27-2010, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Even the 6.5 version starts to slow performance dramatically over time. It takes much longer than the 6.0 version, but it still affects performance for some reason. Once the charts start dragging and getting sticky, you can remove the indicator, and performance immediately returns to normal. Maybe it's just my machine, but it definitely creates performance issues for me.

Comment

Hello,

Have you reviewed these tips:
                DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Christopher_R