Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

SwingHigh/Low CCI Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SwingHigh/Low CCI Indicator

Can you please tell me how I can do an indicator that plot SwingHigh/SwingLow CCI?

I tried apply an indicator on other as Tutorial Level 2 and only show me SwingHigh. How I plot diferently SwingHigh/SwingLow?

Thank you

RitaPacheo, you would need to access either the SwingHigh or SwingLow of the Swing indicator method, like in the snippet below -

Plot0.Set(Swing(CCI(14), 5).SwingHigh[0]);
    Plot1.Set(Swing(CCI(
    14), 5).SwingLow[0]);
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Bertrand

It works very well. I need to plot only a dot on each high/low CCI (over CCI line) with the swing doesn't work like this it seems that only plot a line during the SwingHigh/SwingLow fase (If I change line to dot it give me a line of dots). I tried to use ZigZag the same way you told me for Swing:

Plot0.Set(ZigZag(CCI(cCIPeriod),DeviationType.Poin ts,0,false).ZigZagHigh[0]);
      Plot1.Set(ZigZag(CCI(cCIPeriod),DeviationType.Poin ts,0,false).ZigZagLow[0]);

That gave me the same result as Swing.

Can you please tell me what I need to do?

Best

Comment

Can you tell me please what is the funtion that give me the number of bars ago since swing happens? Or bars since CCI crosses the zeroline.

If I want to know the Max CCI since Swing High can I use MAX(CCI(14), BarsSinceSwingHigh)? So I need to know BarsSinceSwingHigh. Is it MAX funtion the best option in this case?

Thanks

Comment

NT gave me an error in these codes: the operator && can not be used with operator type "double" and "bool". How can I change &&?

if ((Swing(CCI(period), strength).SwingHigh [0]) && CCI(period)[0] < MAX(CCI(period), barsAgoup)[0] && CCI(period) [0]>0)
          {

BackColor = Color.Brown;

}
          else if ((Swing(CCI(period), strength).SwingLow [0]) && CCI(period)[0] > MIN(CCI(period), barsAgodown)[0] && CCI(period) [0]<0)
          {
          BackColor = Color.Blue;

}

Comment

Hello,

The condition has to evaluate to true or false using <,>,==,!=, or a boolean. For example the first part of your first condition is just a double value. You have to use a comparison operator.
            DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ben is ok now.

Now I have an error on code to know how many bars ago was Max CCI, I don't understand why

int barsAgo_maxcci= MRO(delegate{return (MAX(CCI(period), barsAgo_100Xup))[0];},1,barsAgo_100Xup);// Max CCI bars ago

I have this on protected override void OnBarUpdate() part after 2 more barsago ints that are working fine. Would you please tell me why this one has an error?

Thanks

CODE:

protected override void OnBarUpdate()
              {
              int barsAgo_100Xup = MRO(delegate{return (CCI(period)[0] > 100 && (CCI(period)[Math.Min(CurrentBar, 1)]==0 ? CCI(period)[Math.Min(CurrentBar, 2)]<100 : CCI(period)[Math.Min(CurrentBar, 1)]<100));},1,CurrentBar) +1;// 100 line cross up
              int barsAgo_n100Xdown= MRO(delegate{return (CCI(period)[0] < -100 && (CCI(period)[Math.Min(CurrentBar, 1)]==-100 ? CCI(period)[Math.Min(CurrentBar, 2)]>-100 : CCI(period)[Math.Min(CurrentBar, 1)]>-100));},1,CurrentBar) +1;// -100 line cross up
              int barsAgo_maxcci= MRO(delegate{return (MAX(CCI(period), barsAgo_100Xup))[0];},1,barsAgo_100Xup);// Max CCI bars ago

Comment

Hello Rita,

This is most likely the same issue you were running into earlier. Your MRO statement is looking for a condition and none is defined.

MAX returns a number for the highest value CCI for barsAgo_100Xup periods.
                Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                11 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post xiinteractive  
                Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                1 response
                0 likes