Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

problem with exports and import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem with exports and import

I have some indicators that i have created and when I export them in compile assembly and try to use them on other PC's they all get errors

Import failed the ninja script archive file may contain duplicate methot name that already exist on your PC .............................

any way around that???????????

Hello Richbois,

Unfortunately, there's no way around it except for to resolve the programming errors. Most likely you are trying to install indicators that have duplicate references to what is already there.

The best way to resolve this type of issue is manually transfer the files so you can resolve these types of issues with the NinjaScript editor.

You would transfer the .cs file into either:
    My Documents\NinjaTrader\bin\custom\indicator
    My Documents\NinjaTrader\bin\custom\strategy

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select an indicator and double click on it.
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.
    Let me know if this does the trick for you.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The problem is that on my computer it is working fine and it is compiled with NT7 v18

then if i export it with the compile version then others cant use that version.

If i send the version exported pre v16 then it is ok

why is the post 16 versions not working

Comment

See here for all the code breaking changes in NinjaTrader 7.

Unfortunately it does not list the specific changes from release to release.

The issue stands that there is some conflict and you will need to resolve using editable code. You will have to manually bring over the files and add reference to the dll within the compiler (right click > References > Add). If there are any issues, the compiler will indicate. Since the issue relates to duplicate methods, you can fix or delete these references on the local files.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
          See here for all the code breaking changes in NinjaTrader 7.

Unfortunately it does not list the specific changes from release to release.

The issue stands that there is some conflict and you will need to resolve using editable code. You will have to manually bring over the files and add reference to the dll within the compiler (right click > References > Add). If there are any issues, the compiler will indicate. Since the issue relates to duplicate methods, you can fix or delete these references on the local files.

I am not sure if I explained myself properly

I have an indicator and it is running and compiling well in Ninja 7 v18

I can export it in the non protected mode and installing on my other PC with no problem

If I export it in protected mode which creates a dll file then i CANNOT import it

Is this the way you understood my question???

Comment

I understand your scenario.

When you export on your non protected PC you are presented the option to overwrite any files with the same name. You could have the same references in two different files but only one gets saved because file names are unique to the directory they're stored in.

With your dll you could have these same references but this unique filename protection no longer applies.

You are likely running into a situation where there are the exact same references in your dll as the NinjaScript .cs files and you no longer have Windows keeping things tidy for you.

If you continue to have issues with this, please send us a note to [email protected]. Include your phone number and availability, and we can set up a remote assistance session to help you through this process.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ghoul
            by ghoul

Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
            6 responses