Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT7 and NT6.5 Paintbars being redrawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 and NT6.5 Paintbars being redrawn

Have a custom indicator that Paints the Bars depending on Bullish(Long)/Bearish(Red)/Neutral Trend(Black)

What I am noticing is that say the EURUSD on say the Hourly Timeframe is neutral i.e the bars are painted black and 30mins later they are painted green(Long Trend).... Thus missing an entry! This is with a realtime feed ... why would an indicator's output(result) change on historical data ?

I see this happening on NT6.5 and NT7

How could I start debugging such an issue? It is happening intermittently - not every day?

Hi mefTrader,

Perhaps the conditions for the change are no longer satisfied? And have changed after reloading historical data for example?

More on why a chart may looks different after reloading at - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...BuildChartBars
    TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

But then the indicator is no good!

This works in Tradestation this indicator and seems to be glitchy in Ninja to say the least!

At Time0 if the indicator calculates result0 based on input_data0 and time 30mins later it goes back and changes result0 to another answer can only mean that it did not have the correct input_data - why would Ninja not have the correct data and change the hostorical data later on?

Comment

I read your link - so how can I at least minimize this from happening?

Comment

Hi mefTrader,

Historical data can change slightly for many reasons.
          Your PC clock
          • could have been off so the time stamp is delayed
          • Your internet may have been lagging so the tick came in slightly delayed and therefore the time stamp is delayed
          • Due to standard latency, even 50ms delay (which is normal) could be the difference between a 10:30:59 and 10:31:00 time stamp
          • There is no way of knowing how the historical data provider packages their bars

The only way to ensure that data always looks the same is if every connectivity provider sent ticks with time stamps AND that all vendors synchronized on time stamps. Unfortunately, this is just not a reality nor plausible.

NinjaTrader reloads historical data under certain cirsumstances, perhaps you can minimize when this happens on your charts.
          More info at - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...HistoricalData

Comment

I there a way of reloading historical more periodically to minimize this

Comment

Hi mefTrader,

You can avoid frequent reloads by not changing the number of bars on the chart, and by not toggling instruments, intervals etc.

Comment

No I want to be refreshed as early as possible to get the more accurate data.... Still dont understand how this can happen since once the data comes into the computer and time stamped at 10:31 why it is going to the 10 32 bar since it is stamped now for all time?

Comment

Hi mefTrader,

If a bar is time stamped, but comes in a little late (due to the one of the situations in my previous post) it will get packaged in the later bar initially, however, upon reloading data, it will be packaged to the bar according to it's time stamp.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post helpwanted  
                  Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes