Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Import Export Study (chart object)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import Export Study (chart object)

My proposed indicator should periodically read all 'chart objects' from given chart and save/merge (serialize) the details into a study file (one file per symbol - or configurable in indicator setting). The same 'study file' can be used to re-draw those 'chart objects' on different chart for same symbol.

Is it possible? Can someone please guide me with code sample?

I guess this functionality should be added into core - possibly next to remove chart objects.

Thanks for the suggestion TraderSU, in our NT7 beta you can access manually drawn objects in the DrawObjects collection for this purpose - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rawobjects.htm
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Thanks for the suggestion TraderSU, in our NT7 beta you can access manually drawn objects in the DrawObjects collection for this purpose - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rawobjects.htm
      I lost my trendlines & other studies very often because I keep closing the chart and then workspace gets saved without that chart... Guess I'm not a dumb user so this is a common problem that most of other users are facing.

Once saved, these studies can be applied on other timeframes too. I can even export my study and share with my friends. So possibilities are endless...

Thanks for the lead (DrawObjects). I guess I can take from here for indicator route, but I would love to see this support in CORE ;-)

Can you please move this thread into "Feature Request" section or create a feature request.

Comment

Also, how can we write an interactive indicator? I would like to have a Study [load] & [save] button which will trigger the import/export for DrawObjects?

Can it be done using indicator or NT SDK will be needed for that?

FYI: I've decent C# programming skill and write code for living :-D
        Last edited by TraderSU; 07-28-2010, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback and suggestion, I'll forward it - the import and export with the help of custom buttons is unfortunately outside of what we can support here, however it's certainly doable with more advanced C# coding, I suggest to check for example into MSDN as a good starting point into those areas.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
            Thanks for the feedback and suggestion, I'll forward it - the import and export with the help of custom buttons is unfortunately outside of what we can support here, however it's certainly doable with more advanced C# coding, I suggest to check for example into MSDN as a good starting point into those areas.
            What does it take to add a button on #6 area? And/or a child inside context menu item "Drawing Tools"- #1 area?

Any sample? Is it reserved for NT or third party vendor has access to these areas through SDK or something...

Comment

TraderSU, the methods in this area are unfortunately not supported or documented - there's no special SDK needed though - for ideas exchange diving into this territory I suggest checking this thread out - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=22435

Comment

Any official update from NT team on this request. Is this going to become part of some future NT7 release?

Comment

TraderSU, this is on our list for future consideration - currently we're focused on stabilizing NT7 beta.

Comment

Make your study objects as Global (can make default global) so that they always gets stored at following location; Backup them and share it with your friends if you like :-)

%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\NinjaTrader 7\templates\GlobalChartObject

Hope it helps someone.
                    Last edited by TraderSU; 11-17-2010, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                    Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post traderqz