Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Plot small number at lower panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plot small number at lower panels

I got a strnge problem in trying to plot more digits after decimal point at lower panels. To use an example:

PlotC1.Set(High[0]);
    PlotC2.Set(Low[0]);
    PlotC3.Set(1.3733);

works fine when plotting at panel 1. However if plotting them at panel 2,3,4. It will chop digits after the decimal point if there is 4,5,6 digits after decimal point.

For example, for ER2=777.7 or ES=1459.25 it works fine. If 6J=0.008832, it only plots as 0.00883, or 6E=1.3773, it only plots as 1.38.

To be more accurate, the data is actually plotted but the y-axis only shows 0.00883/1.38, and data box also only shows 0.00883/1.38

If this is a bug or limitation, is there a workaround?
    Attached Files

I believe this is a limitation right now. The default sig figs used in the panels and data box is up to two decimal places. This is why you are experiencing the rounding of your plots. The reason you can get more sig figs in panel 1 is because panel 1 takes the amount of sig figs needed to match the tick size of your instrument.

Be advised that despite your plot/data box only showing two decimal points, the actual values aren't rounded. If you used a print function to see the actual values they will carry the value out to many many decimal places.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The thing is it seems it chops digits at random. see two pics with ATR loaded. It obviously plots more digits for ATR. And for my MyCC indicator in the case of 6J, it has more than 2 sig digits. I do not see what is the rule here in terms of how many digits it keeps.

The important thing is that the way it works now, the data in the databox is useless, which is not acceptable when I want to actually use the databox data.

The lower panel should have at least the same sig figs as panel 1 if not more, definitely not less.

Can we have this fixed? and any trick to workaround now?
      Attached Files

Comment

Can someone please at NinjaTrader Support address this issue of how many digits are displayed at lower panel?

Comment

Sorry for the delay, I have been trying to get clarification on this. At the moment, it is variable how many significant figures are displayed although as Josh pointed out, the actual value is maintained internally.

Once I have more clarification on this I will post back.
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ray,

Regardless what you find, could you make a note for future changes so that the lower panel should have at least the same significant number as the upper panel (more would be better)?

For example, if 6E=1.3888, lower panel should be able to display 1.001111,
            or 6J=0.008834, lower panel should be able to show 0.0000008888.

Right now I think it is showing 1.00111, or 0.000000888 only.

Comment

I will add this to our suggestion list. Right now, there are some variables in place that automatically determine the display of sig figs.
              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Max238
              by Max238

Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
              24 responses