Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator with numerous parameters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator with numerous parameters

If I have written an indicator that has numerous parameters, how do I write an overide function for it that has only say 0 or 1 parameters and sets defaults for all the others, so that when a user wants to include that indicator in their code they don't have to list all the parameters every time.
    Thanks.

Hello,

Thanks for your forum post.

One of our NinjaScript Certified Tech's will respond in the morning when they get in.

Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Originally posted by annettes View Post
      If I have written an indicator that has numerous parameters, how do I write an overide function for it that has only say 0 or 1 parameters and sets defaults for all the others, so that when a user wants to include that indicator in their code they don't have to list all the parameters every time.
      Thanks.
      I cant give you a definitive answer, but if you locate the TS SuperTrend indicator, and look at the code .. v2.3 (maybe 2.2 also) has a bool series that can be accessed in a strategy != 1 or -1 for uptrend downtrend ... this might be a start to locate that

TJ

Comment

Thanks Trader.Jon. I found the indicator you were referring to, but could not find the type of code I am looking for. Thanks for putting me onto that indicator though. It looks great!

Can anyone else help with this question please. What I really need to know is where to put the code for the override.
        Thanks.

Comment

How about an enum in the Variables section (Say, Model1, Model2, Model3), then assign the values to the variables you want using switch/break? Not sure if you would put in Initialize(), OnStartUp(), or OnBarUpdate(), though. Try it in Initialize() and see how it goes.

Comment

Good idea about the enum, a helpful sample is located here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3420
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't think you quite understand what I am asking. I probably didn't explain it very well. I am not asking about the contents of the override function, but where to define it. The main function definition is in the part of the code generated by NinjaScript - i.e. the part we can't change. So if I want to write an alternative definition, with fewer parameters, where do I put it?
              Thanks.

Comment

You would then in this case create a new indicator with fewer user inputs, i.e. more inputs are for example hardcoded by you.
                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                0 responses