Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Refresh Issue during live market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refresh Issue during live market

I have a custom indicator that colors bars either red, green, or gray. I have calculate on barclose set to false so I can see what's going on just prior to barclose. These bars may change color several times during the life of the bar. However, many times upon barclose the bar is the wrong color. I can reload the script and the bar is correct. Can you offer any assistance why this might happen. The code is pretty simple. It is contained in the OnBarUpdate() method and checks that other CCIs that are superimposed are pointing are either rising or falling. This occurs at line 246.

Can you please offer any suggestions as to why they don't paint properly. I have other custom indicators that do the same thing. Quite frustrating because I can't depend on the entry being correct.

Thank you,
    Mike Winfrey
    Attached Files

I would add Print() statements that include

CurrentBar.ToString() + conditionValue that changes the bar color + codeLocationMarker such as line number

Run this in real-time, save the output, reload it.

On reload, you should have one output per bar. You can then real-time ouput to reload ouput. The last line before CurrentBar rolls to a new one should plot out the same value as the reload output.

Once you have this data, you can see in your code what might be causing an issue.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes