Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Testing for a color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Winfrey
    replied
    Already tried plots and nothing there. I guess there just aren't enough clues to take this any further.

thanks for your help...At least I learned something.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_JoshP
    replied
    Its going to be hard to tell. See if he used a plot instead of a line for coloring. Replace the ".Lines" with ".Plots". I think that will work. Also look in the error logs to see if anything popped up.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_JoshP; 09-18-2007, 04:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Winfrey
    replied
    Thanks Josh...this is really close but no cigar yet. His indicator properties tell me exactly what the color is so that isn't a problem. the problem is now that I put that line of code in the indicator and it compiles without complaint. But when I reload the script, nothing prints in the output window. However, when I comment out that line I get all my normal output in the output window. Just so you know, I am using the exact code you suggested except I substituted the correct indicator name of course.

thanks, Mike

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_JoshP
    replied
    Hi Mike,

From my understanding you are calling this indicator with another indicator/strategy and you want to do something if this indicator's line is some color. Is this correct?

You can do so by going something like this:
    Code:
    if (ProtectedIndicator.Lines[0].Pen.Color == Color.Red)
         // Do something
    Hopefully you know the exact color he used on the line or else the comparison wouldn't match up and your condition would never be satisfied.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Winfrey
    replied
    Thanks Josh...the indicator isn't mine and is encrypted. So, I don't have visibility much except what shows in the indicator properties.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_JoshP
    replied
    If you are setting the color dynamically there is probably a variable that is passed around that contains the color. If you can find the name of that variable then you can check the color.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Winfrey
    started a topic Testing for a color

Testing for a color

I know this is kind of off the wall but I have an indicator that colors the 100 line a specific color based on some internal rules that I don't have visibility of. Wondering if there is any way to test for a specific color of the 100 line.

Thanks,
    Mike

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
5 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:13 AM
1 response
0 likes