Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Session Template Time Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Session Template Time Zone

In the edit portion of session templates I see where we can specify the time zone that the session times are expressed. For example, the default template might be expressed for Eastern Time zone.

Do I need to adjust these session times to be expressed for the time zone I am in (Mountain in my case)--or will it do so based on the time zone of my PC?

Just to be clear--assume I have set and am running my PC for my local time zone--will NT adjust the session times accordingly?
    Jim-Boulder
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Elephant Tracks

Hello Jim-Boulder,

This setting is your preference and can operate independent of your computer's time zone. You may want to align it with your computer's time zone for consistency with time in the platform.

You could also set up to trade based on the exchange time of the instrument you plan on applying it to. The built in session templates are based on this idea, so if you change the time zone, you would also have to change the times indicated to reflect this.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I must be having a brain freeze moment---if the session template I am using for Crude Oil (as an example)---states that the session opens at 9 AM and Closes at 5 PM (again just an example)--and the session definition states that this is Eastern Time Zone---if my PC is set to Mountain Time Zone--will the chart of Crude Oil start at 9 AM Mountain or 7 AM (which is 9 AM EST)?
      Jim-Boulder
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Elephant Tracks

Comment

Hello Jim,

The time stamp of your chart will (typically) be mountain time. The time zone used to construct the session template will be eastern time. However, the relationship between the session template time zone and your local time zone is taken into account, and your oil chart should start at 7:00 AM Mountain time, which is 9:00 AM eastern.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post r68cervera  
        Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes