Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Multicolor Moving Avg highlighting color change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multicolor Moving Avg highlighting color change

I have a simple multicolor moving average that changes color based on slope as follows:
    Code:
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]if[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] (Rising(SMA(Period)))
    {
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]// Connects the rising plot segment with the other plots
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]RisingPlot.Set([/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]1[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2], SMA(Period)[[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]1[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]]);
    BackColor = risingColor;

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]// Adds the new rising plot line segment to the line
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]RisingPlot.Set(SMA(Period)[[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]]);[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]}
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    and I have similar code for the Falling SMA segment. However, rather than paint the entire background color of the Rising and Falling SMA I want to only paint the area where Rising and Falling meet so that only one bar has a painted background at the change from Falling to Rising and Rising to Falling. Help is appreciated, thanks.

Hello Winja,

Unfortunately there are no supported properties for setting the background color only around the bar. You may consider changing the bar color or possibly drawing rectangles instead.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Ryan for your reply. Another way I could highlight the transition from Falling to Rising would be to DrawVerticalLine so what I am asking is what is the syntax for describing the transition from Falling to Rising and vice versa.
      In other words I would like to write

Code:
      [COLOR=#0000ff] [/COLOR]
      if[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000000] (Rising(SMA(Period)[[/COLOR][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]1[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000000]]) && (Falling(SMA(Period)[[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000000]])))[/COLOR]
      {
      DrawVerticalLine([/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"down"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]+CurrentBar, [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2], Color.Red,DashStyle.Solid,[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]5[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]);
      }[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
      however I get errors with this and so I would like to know if there is another way I could write the code to get the intended results. Thanks

Comment

Hello Winja,

There is no historical reference for these methods availabe, so what you wrote wouldn't work.

Rising and falling only test current bar with prior bar, so you can define this by writing out conditions manually.

Example:
        if (SMA(Period)[1] > SMA(Period)[2] && Falling(SMA(Period)))

That tests for a rising condition just prior to the falling condition.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ryan, that helps

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post arvidvanstaey  
          Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM