Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Help! Indicator disappeared.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somwhere in the process your logic is breaking. You just need to go step by step until you uncover the logic change that breaks your indicator.

The attached indicator works as expected. Please open a chart and apply this indicator to a default MACD indicator inthe same panel. I assume you will see diamonds.

Assuming you do, that means the core functionality is working. Then you can take this indicator and layer on your code step by step until it finally breaks.
    Attached Files
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Richard Von,

Have you tried reinstalling the .NET framework yet? Your code works fine for Dierk, Ray, and me. It worked fine for you before too. This suggests to me there is something wrong with either your .NET install or your NinjaTrader install. Try uninstalling .NET, uninstalling NinjaTrader, reinstalling .NET, reinstalling NinjaTrader.

You can get the .NET framework here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you both for your thoughtful help. I've got a real mystery for you.

First, I uninstalled Microsoft.NET 1.0 and 2.0 and NinjaTrader. Then re-booted. Deleted all brower history. Then downloaded and installed Microsoft.NET 2.0 and NinjaTrader.

Then installed the new DiamondTest indicator. Closed all charts, created a new chart, added new MACD and DiamondTest indicator. NO DIAMONDS?!?!? Changed the DiamondTest indicator to DrawSquare and squares appeared! Wow.

Went back to my indicator and changed diamonds to squares and they appear at the correct spots!!!

Then reloaded my stored templates with a variety of indicators and all work.

WHAT IS REALLY WIERD IS THAT ANOTHER INDICATOR USES DIAMONDS IN A DIFFERENT PANEL AND THEY APPEAR. I am afraid to change or recompile that one, but this is the real mystery.

I can limp by with the squares, but they are not as desirable and am concerned what else might go wrong if I depend on this software for my trading. I'd be happy to discuss this with anyone - email me a number to call if you like.

I know someone must be intrigued by this puzzle.

Richard

Comment

Sorry, I would not know what could cause that nor do we have any other reports related.

Comment

It seems to me that the problem must be in the compiler.

1) Another indicator compiled in the past and not changed does draw diamonds. I'm afraid to open it and re-compile because I think I would lose the diamonds.

2) The indicator that was working and now doesn't was one I modified and re-compiled.

3) The indicator you sent me had to be compiled here and did not work with diamonds but did with squares.

The question is where does the compiler reside and who would I go to find a way to correct or reinstall it?

Thanks,

Richard

Comment

This is the standard C# compiler. There is nothing we could do about it. As explained below I would not know what causes that. Sorry

Comment

Is the compiler loaded as part of NinjaTrader or is it resident separately on my computer from Microsoft?

Comment

It comes with the .NET runtime from MS.

Comment

Thank you for your patient replies. I'll do my best to track that down and will post any success I find.

Richard

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Vietanhnguyen2hotmailcom, Yesterday, 10:29 AM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Vietanhnguyen2hotmailcom  
                    Started by PhillT, 04-19-2024, 02:16 PM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes