Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

30 minute period high and low trend lines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 minute period high and low trend lines?

I hope I'm in the right forum... I'm looking for an indicator that will plot the prior 30 minutes high and low and add new lines as the day builds. I would like to be able to use it on a 25 tick chart. Basically I would like to see the highs and lows of a 30 minute chart but drawn on the 25 tick chart.

Thanks.

Hello kfox_1,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

You can search the file sharing section for existing contributions.

This is possible with custom programming. Multiseries indicators are possible with version 7. You should be able to add a 30 minute series and then plot the highs and lows for this.

See here for an introduction to custom indicator development in NinjaTrader.

Below is a sample of what this script might look like. The CurrentBar # check can vary. Basically you want to prevent processing for the first half hour worth of tick bars. This varies based on instrument and tick size.

Code:

protected override void Initialize()
    {
    Add(new Plot(Color.FromKnownColor(KnownColor.Orange), PlotStyle.Line, "High"));
    Add(new Plot(Color.FromKnownColor(KnownColor.Green), PlotStyle.Line, "Low"));
    Overlay = false;
    Add (PeriodType.Minute, 30);
    }
    /// <summary>
    /// Called on each bar update event (incoming tick)
    /// </summary>
    protected override void OnBarUpdate()
    {

if (CurrentBar < 600)
    return;
    // Use this method for calculating your indicator values. Assign a value to each
    // plot below by replacing 'Close[0]' with your own formula.
    High.Set(Highs[1][0]);
    Low.Set(Lows[1][0]);
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Wizard location

Try as I might I can not locate the Wizard that you showed in the link. Do I have to have the paid version to build my own code? If not, where would I find it at?

A real beginner,
      Kfox

Comment

Hello,

Are you using the NinjaTrader direct edition this is a license thats given to you by your broker?

If so then yes you would need to purchase a NinjaTrader license.

You are using the Direct Edition of NinjaTrader. This is a version of NinjaTrader that is free and provided from your broker and will allow you to place live trades. However it does not provide access to some features of the full version of NinjaTrader. The direct edition of NinjaTrader does not include market replay, ATM Strategies, automated strategies, back testing, and OCO orders.

If you would like to test any of these features you can use the free version license key to do so. However with the free version license key will not allow you to trade live.

To use these features and trade live you will need to lease or purchase NinjaTrader.

Purchase Options - Single Broker
        The best value when purchasing NinjaTrader is to select one of our lifetime purchase options. Alternatively you can also lease our software for a period of time that makes sense to you. We make purchasing NinjaTrader easy by providing you choice in how you access our software...choose a plan that suits you best!
        • Lifetime license for a one time payment of $995
        • Lifetime license for 4 easy monthly payments of $299
        • Several flexible leasing options starting as low as $50 per month
        <http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...g_platform.htm>

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Belfortbucks